iPhone untethered 5.0.1 jailbreak for non-A5 devices Video tut & Files included

how do i get the corona up on cydia which source is it in cus when i search for it i dont see it

hi mate i added this source tap the Sources, Edit and add: apt.saurik.com/cydia-3.7

Reactions: hnj
everytime i get to the install jailbreak press next. the install goes from my computer screen
and the phone is stuck with the black back lit screen. anyone know why.

everytime i get to the install jailbreak press next. the install goes from my computer screen

are you running as admin?

Thanks biffo 1. Finally got my iphone 4 back to normal with lockinfo,pwntunes etc.

sometimes I have to open taskmanager and kill the process ipodservice.exe after starting redsn0w but before jailbreaking - I've also heard changing the cpu affinity to only 1 cpu core on the redsn0w process in taskmanager.

Thank you for your replys, yes I am running as admin, i will try figgy see if that works. I did the old unthered jailbreak on this pc so I don't see what's different. Thanks

Anyone else having a problem opening the app store application (opens then crashes out) ?

New Jailbreak iPhone 4 on 5.0.1 jail broken using Reds0w MAC.

im on ios 4.3.3 looking to update to ios 5.0.1 is it safe to do this on itunes directly via the update button, not bothered about sim unlock. Also on tinyumbrella if i do save shsh this is enough for it to save it in case if i want to revert in the future.

thanks
hnj

Anyone else having a problem opening the app store application (opens then crashes out) ?

New Jailbreak iPhone 4 on 5.0.1 jail broken using Reds0w MAC.

If anyone else has this problem

then restore and re-jailbreak

Problem sorted!!

im on ios 4.3.3 looking to update to ios 5.0.1 is it safe to do this on itunes directly via the update button, not bothered about sim unlock. Also on tinyumbrella if i do save shsh this is enough for it to save it in case if i want to revert in the future.

thanks
hnj

yes its safe to update through itunes if you dont rely on a carrier unlock
shsh blobs should already be saved for 5.0.1, mine was. it tells you on the main page of cydia what blobs are on the saurik server.
if the 5.0.1 blob isnt already saved it will ask you if you want to when you first run cydia

wish somebody will come up with a way to disable multitasking lol

Reactions: hnj
yes its safe to update through itunes if you dont rely on a carrier unlock
shsh blobs should already be saved for 5.0.1, mine was. it tells you on the main page of cydia what blobs are on the saurik server.
if the 5.0.1 blob isnt already saved it will ask you if you want to when you first run cydia

wish somebody will come up with a way to disable multitasking lol

Thanks again kryton for the help, you helped me on the 3g and on my 4, thanks a lot mate :) appreciate it

reps added too ;)

How do I know whether I need the iPhone 4 cdma or GSM firmware?

Or is iTunes updating to 5.0.1 currently anyway so all I would need to do is click restore?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Anybody having problems with cracked apps, i heard that pod2g has implemented anti-piracy into the jailbreak so cracked apps wont work, but no ones has mentioned having any problems on here.

Also biffo1 has helped me a lot before, so much on my iphone 4 and my 3g, we have even had many skype calls too, were he has helped me resolve a lot of my iphone jb problems.

thanks biffo as well :)

hnj
reps added too ;)

Just updated GF's Ip4,music and clock icons are blank after JB...Any ideas ?

Anybody having problems with cracked apps, i heard that pod2g has implemented anti-piracy into the jailbreak so cracked apps wont work, but no ones has mentioned having any problems on here.

ive had no probs so far, maybe he just said that to cover his bum lol, only thing ive found is im having issues getting sources working

ok since writing this ive downloaded a few new apps and found some work and others dont, which ive not had happen before hmmmmm

Last edited:
Back