Unlimited SSL Newsgroups £3.18 a month

lagerlout

Inactive User
Reaction score
There doing this over at maximumusenet.com
Signed up last weekend and no problems so far.
Doesnt say how long the price will stay for

Never used them but thats a cracking price & 650 days retention. Worth it for anyone who's thinking of trying to use the groups too.

There doing this over at maximumusenet.com
Signed up last weekend and no problems so far.
Doesnt say how long the price will stay for

im using simply usenet at the moment at 5.99 per month for 16 connections....think im gonna switch! thanks mate:banana::banana::banana:

whats the best package to get Maximum Platinum gold or silver

The platinum one is the unlimited one, the other two are the limited ones.

i contacted their live support:

James: Welcome to live chat support.
James: Hello.How may I assist you ?
Me: i see you have an offer on at £3.18 per month for unlimited
Me: is this just a promo offer
Me: or is it the lifetime of my membership
James: May I know the URL where you came across the offer ?
Me: https://www.maximumusenet.com/index.php
James: Thank you for the info. Please wait I will be back with you shortly.
Me: ok

not heard anything since, that was 10 mins ago LOL

James: It is only for the first month of your sign up. From your next rebill your card will be charged for the regular price.

oh well, it sounded too good to be true

but cheers for the heads up.

Last edited:
Cheers for the info, dont think i'll be staying if thats the case

The Night Time accounts on that one are very good value for money.

What is the consistent speed on that overnight?

I get 18.5 meg constant with astraweb now, but I only download overnight, but it is every night.

Not sure how CET relates to GMT ether.

The only pain I can see is that they don't have automatic payments, so if you are paying monthly you have to remember to keep paying them. But they do have a prepay up to 2 years, if you trust them.

Last edited:
What is the consistent speed on that overnight?

I get 18.5 meg constant with astraweb now, but I only download overnight, but it is every night.

Not sure how CET relates to GMT ether.

The only pain I can see is that they don't have automatic payments, so if you are paying monthly you have to remember to keep paying them. But they do have a prepay up to 2 years, if you trust them.

The site says 120meg overnight and 1meg daytime. However I have no idea what true rates you are likely to see.

I tried hitnews last night and wasn't impressed.

I managed to get 20gb downloaded overnight, i can get 35gb from astraweb using the same program.

The speed was constantly fluctuating between 4meg and 19meg (i'm on 20meg virgin), with astraweb I get a constant 18.5 with no fluctuations.
They also only have half the retention of astraweb. Not everything was complete ether, far more uncompletes than astraweb, but I am downloading older stuff, which I have no problems normally downloading.

For me astraweb is worth the extra £0.50p per month (or even £3 if you use the nighttime option on hitnews). It's a much better service. Much better retention and monthly payments without having to keep topping up or paying for a block in 1 go.

Last edited:
.... i can get 35gb from astraweb .....

Wonders what the fook your doing to download that much stuff !

Thats the equivelent of 8+ DVD movies. Nobody can need that amount of stuff in one night on any form of continuous basis.

Wonders what the fook your doing to download that much stuff !

Thats the equivelent of 8+ DVD movies. Nobody can need that amount of stuff in one night on any form of continuous basis.

I would put my money on blu-ray downloads or games for consoles.

1 bluray could be 35gb but it is a hell of an amount to download daily.

Fill your boots Captin, thats called getting value for money.

Back