Tv Keeps Switching On & Off

erinville

Inactive User
Reaction score
TV Philips 32" PFL 5605H/05 LED
My TV keeps switching off & then on while watching TV through my Sky HD receiver.
It happens whether I'm watching in HD or SD.
Going by other forums this is a common occurence especially with the newer Philips & Samsung TVs.
The TV is connected to the Sky HD receiver via a HDMI lead.
I have read that HDMI leads can cause this problem because the TV cannot take in the information through the HDMI lead fast enough.
I could connect up by Scart but I then would lose my true High Definition picture.
Some days I have no problem.
Any ideas? Any fixes?

Have you tried new HDMI leads?

Does the problem only occur with the sky HD box or do you have problems with other HDMI equipment like a PS3, xbox, blu ray player

How old is the TV

The TV is about 7 months old & the problem only happens when I am watching Sky through the Sky HD receiver. I even did a full back up on the receiver. I have tried about four different HDMI leads.

Try going to the box settings and setting the HDMI output to 1080i or even 720p just to see if that makes any difference, it will be a setting somewhere for sure

Does your HDMI pass through any other equipment ? like an AV reciever ?

Receiver is set to 1080i. The HDMI lead is going straight from the TV to the Sky HD receiver.

I see dead people, thing's like this freak me out its a ghost. :mad:)

On the other hand you could try and knock your setting down to 720p as suggested or even auto , Strange one maybe your using a 4.1 HDMI cable or even 3.1 and your TV is to old just a thought.

Aye arnt some tv,s like full 1080p but not 1080i etc etc ? :Frog:

check if your house was built on an old indian burial ground and dont leave your children alone with the tv.

poltergeist-poster.jpg

or very bad things will happen....

...stay away from the light!

The mother in law had a new Philips tv that did exactly the same thing it turned out to be a dry joint on the circuit board apparently its a common fault. :(

Its within warranty so best to bet it sorted out. Ive never heard about TVs not being able to take in information over hdmi fast enough, sounds a bit odd.

Im with miggy. Its a dry joint or a processor problem your philips model seems to do either this fault or a randomy increasing volume fault

Back