TV died, after a 50" plasma

daisycow

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello
Tonight sadly my 10 year old Goodmans 42" plasma died...
Gives me an excuse to get a bigger one.
I currently have no HD input (until my Kryptview box becomes redundant), but I want to 'futureproof' as best I can
Looking at no more than £700, (I know its the budget end but I'm tight!)
LCD/LED are out of the question because of my budget.
I've seen a couple at Richer sounds:
Panasonic one (states full HD but every other advert states 1080i)
Panasonic VIERA TXP50S10 | 50 inch Plasma TV 1080p HD Ready Freeview | Richer Sounds for £700 ish
and an LG one
LG 50PQ3000 | 50 inch Plasma TV HD Ready Freeview | Richer Sounds
which to me seems similar spec and reviews are ok...
But I'm far from an expert
Can anyone recommend an alternative? Or give experiences of either of these?
Any help would be appreciated

I now have 2 of the LG50 inch plasmas both from currys both the same the first one cost over a grand last year, Then just picked up the same on in the sale for £650

full hd picture is quality and there very user freindly

Id deffo recommend one plenty inputs also a pc input / digital audio output what else do you need.

If you do buy one goto currys there return policys are excellent as is there customer service.

Thanks for that I was edging towards the LG because of the reviews (and price - only £550)
You mention full HD... might be a different model, as this one doesn't seem to be

Ouch I got this for £650 2 weeks ago in the sale I was gonna pay for a 60inch but when I seen this one on sale I snapped it up

LG 50PS3000 50" Full HD Plasma TV buy online | Currys

But the LG plasma has a cracking pic and heavy quality build just as good as the panasonic which are a tad more expensive :proud:

plus the whole panasonic viera thing in my mind is a old hat roobarb Im not saying there crap they are the top of the bottom market range, along with LG, but a 100 quid is a 100 quid

I've got a Panasonic VIERA TXP50S10 that I'm selling for £100. The only thing is that the volume button is stuck..... but at that price, you can't turn it down!

*ba-dum tish*

:lol:

Sorry... I couldn't resist.

In case anyone missed it... I don't really have one for sale - it was a joke.

I've got a Panasonic VIERA TXP50S10 that I'm selling for £100. The only thing is that the volume button is stuck..... but at that price, you can't turn it down!

*ba-dum tish*

:lol:

Sorry... I couldn't resist.

In case anyone missed it... I don't really have one for sale - it was a joke.

ill give you £100 for it ;)

Back