tuner b problem

dilly1066

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hiya, ive got abit of a wierd problem i cant work out, i noticed earlier that my tuner b wasnt working, so checked stuff i had recorded and they werent workign either as they would of used tuner b, all this was on mgcamd cam, so changed to cccam and now tuner b is working no problems, changed it back to mgcam and tuner b isnt working again, again gone back to cccam and tuner b is working again, what could be causing tuner b not to work when mgcam is activated ? as i want to use mgcam , anyone any ideas ? thanks

could possibly be a server issue m8, cccam uses 'reshares' which means more than one connection is used a lot of the time to the server from the one client.

you could look at mgcam.cfg in var/keys for anything that states more than one connection, imn sure there is something but off the top of my head, i cant think of it, the other thing would be at the server end, especially if theyre running oscam. cccam will auto use 'reshare' rights and 'open' more slots, but newcamd based clients (which are more secure from the server side of things) will onjly be allowed the one connection, unless told otherwise, again, there is a setting within oscam, i think its the 'unique= x' setting in the user file, if its set to 1, then itll only allow one ECM to be sent per account, which will disable PVR type functions, but if set to 0, then itll work

could possibly be a server issue m8, cccam uses 'reshares' which means more than one connection is used a lot of the time to the server from the one client.

you could look at mgcam.cfg in var/keys for anything that states more than one connection, imn sure there is something but off the top of my head, i cant think of it, the other thing would be at the server end, especially if theyre running oscam. cccam will auto use 'reshare' rights and 'open' more slots, but newcamd based clients (which are more secure from the server side of things) will onjly be allowed the one connection, unless told otherwise, again, there is a setting within oscam, i think its the 'unique= x' setting in the user file, if its set to 1, then itll only allow one ECM to be sent per account, which will disable PVR type functions, but if set to 0, then itll work

hiya, thanks alot digi il see what i can find out thanks

hiya, just to update the thread, i had a little mess about with my box and just couldnt get things going, this is on the latest vix image which was release xmas eve i think it was, so i decided to try the vix team image before that one, latest one is vix 2.3.153 i think off top of my head and one before that was vix 2.3, so went back to vix 2.3 and everything started working perfectly again, so flashed latest vix image back to the box again and again all my recording went to pot, tried having a mess again with settings and what not but no joy, went back to vix 2.3 and it started working again no problems at all, been on it about a day now and recorded a few things while watching another channel and no problems what so ever, so not sure whats causing it to happen, cccam would work fine on both images, anyone else use mgcam on latest vix 2.3.153 image ? can you still record a channel while watching another channel ? be interested to know whats causing it to happen to me, thanks

hiya, bit of a update, i found this out while browsing the net, all i had to do was change the box type in the mg_cfg, mine was set to auto which it always has been which is 00 in the mg_cfg, so in mg_cfg scroll down to boxtype and change it from 00 to 06 and it should sort the problem out as it has done for me, thanks

hiya, just to update the thread, i had a little mess about with my box and just couldnt get things going, this is on the latest vix image which was release xmas eve i think it was, so i decided to try the vix team image before that one, latest one is vix 2.3.153 i think off top of my head and one before that was vix 2.3, so went back to vix 2.3 and everything started working perfectly again, so flashed latest vix image back to the box again and again all my recording went to pot, tried having a mess again with settings and what not but no joy, went back to vix 2.3 and it started working again no problems at all, been on it about a day now and recorded a few things while watching another channel and no problems what so ever, so not sure whats causing it to happen, cccam would work fine on both images, anyone else use mgcam on latest vix 2.3.153 image ? can you still record a channel while watching another channel ? be interested to know whats causing it to happen to me, thanks

Well for starters 153 is not the latest image 161 is the latest public build image. so once you update to 153 run a software update or use the download function in the image manager to grab a copy of 161 direct from our servers. 161 has has the latest Vu hardware drivers already loaded which were made specifically to combat the recording problems encountered with the linux 3.1.1 kernel.

Back