"Tune" problems - Fitting modified digital box to analogue subscribed cable supply

a_kerr

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been subscribed to NTL analogue cable for some time now with no previous problems. I'm in a "pure" NTL area - Glasgow.

My problems have now started when i've attempted to connect up a modified Pace DI4001NC digital cable box & Funcard. I thought there was no difference to the cable coming into the house, and it was simply a matter setting the correct frequency for my area on the receiver, and then the NetID would be set automatically (on my type of box at least). All that happens is that it stays on "tune" forever.

I know other people have had different kinds of trouble with their boxes being stuck in "tune". I've read most of the threads and I have hit a brick wall. I've checked the tuner (CAT) board. The soldered joint of the aerial connector looked dodgy, but i've redone this. I couldnt successfully test one of the 25volt 220micro farad capacitors that seems to have caused others problems, so I replaced it with the recommended 35volt version as a precaution. I've removed all other splitters and equipment from the supply cable to ensure the best quality signal. Things might have been easier for me if I had other boxes to substitute parts, or other close friends with digital connections that I could use to eliminate/test things.

The way I see it there are three possible problem areas:-

1. I do not have the correct type of supply into the house, and what I have is only good for analogue service. Can anyone confirm or deny if this is likely?

2. The programming of the Funcard is incorrect for my area or at this point in time. Being a newbie i'm not sure what I would get if this was the case, however my gut feeling is that I would at least be able to tune into something. Again, can anyone confirm the possible effects of a duff Funcard?

3. The box i've bought may be a lemon. Hopefully not, as I was assured it was working in this guys area at time of sale. Also from what i've seen from the various engineers pages, there isn't anything concerning that points to a fault or block of any kind (from my limited understanding or the problems that some other members have reported).

Any help would be sincerely appreciated. I'm in the Glasgow area if anyone is in a position to help with the testing, loan, or sale of any equipment that might help me resolve this.

Many thanks.

a_kerr

are you sure the net id and frequency are set?

either its the net id or its a signal problem ( check engineers menu ( pages 11+12 for signal lock) also check the net id and frequecny on pages 1+2/

Does a DI4001NC automatically set its own NetID?

Hi,

still no joy with my box being stuck in tune, although I am hopefully eliminating some potential problem areas.

I've got a mates box, so I was able to verify our local frequency and NetID, and also that my incoming signal is good - his box fired up on my cable no problem.

I also swapped over the tuner boards (CAT can?) and still no change.

I've manually set the correct frequency, and have been waiting for the box to do the rest. Does a DI4001NC def automatically set its own NetID? I thought it did, but i'm beginning to wonder. Would I be wasting my time attempting to use the RS232 connection & Libby to set the NetID manually? The Net ID is currently showing as "*****".

Many thanks as always.........

try the box at your mates house then try your mates at yours see what happens??? that way you will find out if the box is ok?
also check all connections are ok i had an analogue box which worked upstairs and down but the digi would only work downstairs so i took the splitter off got a mate to sort the connection out properly then my digi worked in both places

well i've tried my mates box at mine, and it works fine on my cable feed, regardless of any splitters fitted. When I tried my box, I removed all splitters, etc and used the incoming feed directly, but this did not improve matters.

I have still to try my box at my friends, but I can't imagine his signal will be any better than mine, considering i've tried it with nothing else connected - but I will hopefully get up there soon to verify this.

On a brighter note:- the reason my mate was so willing to lend me his box is that he lost all his channels before Xmas, and the dealer he was using went underground so he's been stuck. I'm happy to say that I was able to get the latest keys, software and tutorials from here to successfully reprogram his card and restore all the channels. Many thanks to all those people out there that made this possible! It gives me hope when i'm able to do stuff like that for the first time............. if only i could get my own bloody box to work!!!! lol

Supply is not an isue, everything comes down the one wire, An., Dig, B/band...
Funcards are not area sensitive.
Try resetting it- remove the red jumper with power off , leave a few mins, then retry.....

Did you check your box for its signal lock in the engineers menu?
i dont know if there is an anti update for the 4001 box but if there is check this has not been done,
this could be possible if your box was moded before you got it.
Also in engineers menu did you check the CR version you are on this could indicate if you have a box that wont update (compare it to your neighbours CR? version)
and of corse check your net id and frequecy are correct with this:
http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5833

hi
i had a simular prob with mine,
to start it i had to hold up and down on front of box until it says b00t then release
hope this works for you
wazok

Pull the red jumper off for a minute put it back on put the cabel feed in power up the box leave it for for a while let the box reset itself and boot up takes about 10min. Wala that will sort the problem out by gods will:)

bilal
peace in da middel east

davic4001 box auto detects net and freq I think no matter where you plug in ( assumption ) took a box 100 miles up the road 5 months ago to get card reprogrammed and when it was tested on that cable it automatically detected everything and retuned itself.
I am however a bit of a novice and i will stand to be corrected.

with this in mind and if true then it seems likely there is no digital feed!

Hi I am new to the forum and live in a analogue only area. I tried with me cousin with a dbox 2 but could not get any channels. Can you confirm the D box will not work in analogue area or there might be issues with the set up. he had linux neutrino with sportstar. so I guess he had the right equipment. if in any case it works, then will i receiv all over 100+ channnels or just the 40 analogue ones. Many thanks in advance for your help.

Analogue area d box 2 kerfaffle

Pull the red jumper off for a minute put it back on put the cabel feed in power up the box leave it for for a while let the box reset itself and boot up takes about 10min. Wala that will sort the problem out by gods will:)

bilal
peace in da middel east

Hi I am new to the forum and live in a analogue only area. I tried with me cousin with a dbox 2 but could not get any channels. Can you confirm the D box will not work in analogue area or there might be issues with the set up. he had linux neutrino with sportstar. so I guess he had the right equipment. if in any case it works, then will i receiv all over 100+ channnels or just the 40 analogue ones. Many thanks in advance for your help.

Had Pace, Samsung and Dboxes all working on analogue back in the day mate, as long as you've got an vm connection you should be set

Back