Triton Opal Electric shower problem.

Deusevil

Inactive User
Reaction score
Good Evening Everyone,

Here's My story,

The Misses had jumped into the shower and the water does't get past luke warm. obviously the old ball and chain is livid. ( The shelf with all of her perfume fell the day before :proud: ) I was just wondering if there's anything I can do to fix it or will I need to grab a sparky to do a professional job.

Also I read that it might be the Toc ( whatever that is :) ) if so how would I test it and how much one would cost?

Any advice will be much appreciated.
Thank-you in advance

The battered Partner.

Deus

triton have a web site for spares and i believe q+a

edogg

faulty pcb?(circuit board) supposed to be a common fault on these models. look it up on the Triton website like Edogg said.

out of interest, is it the silver one? we had problems fitting them ages ago. the silver model had a flaw in the on off switch. when you pressed the on button, it would immediatley cut in to a safe mode (making the water almost cold) or switch straight off. the solution was to take the front cover off. then take the 2 screws out off the on off switch, then dispose of the washers and put switch back on. a very simple fix to a massive problem.

Is it the silver model that Stefblak quoted?. Great fix if it is. Good post Stefblak:Clap:

one of the elements could of gone in the tank aswell.

Thank-you all for Your reply's.

It's the standard white Opal one unfortunately :(
There is heat when I turn it to number 10 but anything below that is either lukewarm or freezing.

The Misses is contemplating going to the in-laws (A bonus :proud: house to Myself lol) for a shower.

If all else fails I'll buy a new one and put it in. (It can't be that hard can it :Dunce:) But before that I shall have a look on the website for tips on fixing just in case.

Thankyou all again.

Deus

try the shower doctor they have all sorts of spares and a q/a area

As an update to this:

I opened the shower up the other day and the first thing I was greeted with was a burnt wire. It had melted at least in inch :eek:
It also looks like its part melted this black circle thing.
After replacing the wire I got some heat back which is a bonus. But only on the low power at level 10. So I'm thinking the thing that looks slightly damage may need replacing :(

As an update to this:

I opened the shower up the other day and the first thing I was greeted with was a burnt wire. It had melted at least in inch :eek:
It also looks like its part melted this black circle thing.
After replacing the wire I got some heat back which is a bonus. But only on the low power at level 10. So I'm thinking the thing that looks slightly damage may need replacing :(

Your problem is not the burnt wire but what caused it.That wire has been subjected to a much higher current than it was made for and you have a failed element in your heater.Your solutions are replace heater assembly or better still replace the shower.Better to be safe than sorry.

normally the neutral goes in the pull cord sw for some reason . prob a bad connection has caused your prob ps the black circle thing is the thermal cut out

Last edited:
It was the Toc and the burnt out wire. Turns out the previous person had installed a low voltage wire in as they lost the original.
It had been temperamental for a while as we have been living here so I have no idea how old the problem was.

The part was from showerdoc and it was only £12 ish :)

Only problem was I forgot to tell the Misses I fixed it. But she found out when she turned the shower on :proud:

Deus

This is pretty spooky. My Triton Opal shower went faulty at the weekend. Checked it out & looked like one of the two elements in the heater can had gone bad (Read o/c rather than approx 10 ohms for the other one) same as carlso & jsaw said. Cheapest I could find a replacement was 70 quid, shower's about 8 years old so paid a few extra quid & got a new shower with a 2 yr guarantee.

@ Deusevil if you want to pm your address I'll strip the parts out at the weekend (not the heater can obviously) & post to you early next week, might come in handy for spares?

HH.

Back