Tree killing for beginners

Dutcho

VIP POOF
VIP Member
Reaction score
I got some annoying tree's out front of the house, anyone any ideas how I could secretly kill em off ;)

Thought about wearing a hi vis and taking a chainsaw to them but think I might get caught doing that ;)

Dutcho said:
I got some annoying tree's out front of the house, anyone any ideas how I could secretly kill em off ;)

Thought about wearing a hi vis and taking a chainsaw to them but think I might get caught doing that ;)

I woul be interested in this also !
Don,t bother trying the copper nails thing, it does not work !
Well not on Pine trees anyway .

I know on wooden boats u can only use copper or stainless nails as anything else rots the wood.
Y not try hammering in a few nails at the base of the trees and see if it rots em?

U could also try this.
h**p://www.beavervalleysupply.com/sectionb/klipper.htm
LOL

Or perhaps a well trained new pet.. :):)
beaver_final.gif

I've never tried it but Ferric Chloride (used for etching copper clad circuit boards!) with a good few bits of copper pipe dissolved in it might get drawn up through the roots well.

I remember someone telling me about plants not liking copper if absorbed? Don't know how true it is though, probably a myth!

Get a bag of Rock Salt, and pour it around the base of the tree...

Water liberally every day until the water soaks into the ground, carrying the salts with it... (You can even poke a few holes in the ground to get it in quicker)...

This should kill every tree you wanted to get rid of ... beware not to get the salt to close to trees you want to keep.

also doing that will also make it difficult to grow plants in it's place though.

:) :)

Last edited:
i edited my post to add

"doing that will also make it difficult to grow plants in it's place though"

but i guess you are not really worried about that...lol :) :)

whats wrong m8 can you not pick up 30w lol

UNDETTERRED said:
Drill some holes downwards into the trunk around the base,pour in diesel,sit back and watch.

use mercury or bleach or all 3 :)

thats the way i would do it or get someone who has a car going to the scrappers to drive into it at a reasonable speed so it cracks the tree than phone council and tell em its dangerous

just out of curiosity dutcho are these trees in the street or neighbours garden?

also how big are they/it?

Caustic Soda (sodium hydroxide) will do the trick, although you need to be careful with it as it's very dangerous and it can burn the skin, get it in your eyes and you'll join the Mr Magoo club. My old man used to get it from his work for killing weeds and boy does it work. You would have to pour it down into the roots. But again this stuff can do some serious damage to you, rubber gloves and goggles are advised.

Back