[DM800SE] Guessing my box is buggered

jamesyboyjim

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys! Long time no speak!
Basically I went to switch my 800se sunray clone out of standby this morning and it rebooted, tried it again and it got stuck in a reboot loop, thought the image had corrupted so flashed a new image. Attempted to scan a few times and got nothing found. Messed about a bit more and it started rebooting again, how annoying!

I ended up removing the tuner and the box was then fine so I assumed my tuner had died a death but this evening I've tried another spare tuner and it reboots again, it doesn't even make it into the image just reboots at the sim 2 screen on the front display. I gave the contacts a good clean but it's still doing it. Is the box knackered or maybe there's a capacitor I could investigate or something? The box has served me well over the years so if I can fix it id like to, I'm rather poor after all! if not, which clones are best to go for nowadays? Same again?

I haven't, I do have a spare though. Although I'm using the current one with my 500c at the moment with no problem, but I'm guessing that a 500c requires less oomph to power so I'll give it a go and report back :)

Edit

I haven't plugged the box in to the tv or tried scanning or anything but from just testing it with a different psu, it booted up twice so fingers crossed! I've spent all day messing about with images and trying to get my head around cams etc on enigma 1 again when I could have just asked you lot! Talk about kicking myself haha! Thanks guys I'll report back once I've got the tv to myself tomorrow and can plug everything back in to test :)

Last edited:
psu are iffy mate lots of options example router psu will power it if stuck 2amp or better 3 amp is enough

If your se has an int hdd fitted then I would not use less than a 3 amp psu mate

If your se has an int hdd fitted then I would not use less than a 3 amp psu mate

Thanks, I'm trying my spare and it seems to be working so far! I've taken my hdd out until I can source a decent long term spare psu :) thanks for the help, just got to figure out how to use openatv now!

Back