Treadmill - How to loose beer belly?

mobad

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Finally the treadmill is here and for somthing thats very cheap in comparson to the commercial trreadmills spec's, im well impressed.
Maximum speed of 22kmph, Incline upto 30%, Little Fan (doesn't really blow that much air), Speakers for mp3 input (Loud), Heart rate monitor on handles and folds away nicely.

So I need to get rid of the beer belly and within 3-4 weeks.
Yesterday evening I ran for 15mins at the speed of 8-9kmph and that was enough to get me allot of sweat.

What split would you guys suggest?
Is morning the best way to cardio train (before breakfast or after breakfast)?
How long each time, with what setting etc?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx Guys in advance!

i never exercise after food always b4.

not sure about times and settings it realy depends on your starting level of fitness, there are some figuars about somewhere were u can do your training and its all to do with heart rate, u need to measure heart rate "normal condititions" and then u execrise to where your heart rate is increased to X % above normal and u hold the rate at that level for y amount of time then resti will search and see if i can find info, i think mrs picked up at her gym a couple of months ago.

U said always before food, so would when wakeing up be a good time or bad considering its like fatsing a good 8hours then a workout?

hey

i feel for you buddy i have just stared training again as of last night my whole body this morning is feeling a little worse for wear, anyway always train before eating or at least an hour or so after if ur planning on eating first i would recomend say u wake u grab a cuppa have 5 mins watching the news or what ever while u have ur cuppa have 15 mins or so what ever ur comfortable with on the new machine then grab a shower off to work you go the hardest thing about training is getting into the routine also jump on it for a littl e while longer after u get home from work

in most cases with execrsie its a little often, so dont use morning as your only exercise as maggot says do some when you get home too.

reason for not eating b4 exercise is a time saver, u will chuck it up and have to eat again :) belive me dont eat b4

Try to build up to a good 30 minute run in the morning as soon as you wake up on an empty stomach.

Wake up, have a drink of water, get your workout music on and hit it!

Morning training will be definitely work best if you're trying to lose weight as it will keep your body in fat burning mode throughout the day.

Plus after a hard morning run, you will really appreciate why the biggest and most important meal of your day should be your breakfast.

After a few weeks once you get settled into your running routine, unsettle yourself! Don't let your body get too used to the same predictable routine everyday.

Try different routines on different days - vary it up, keep it interesting... time challenges, distance challenges, hill gradients, high intensity interval training (e.g. 3 minutes flat out pace, 1 minute slow pace then repeat) etc.

Enjoy!

Thanx allot for the really helpful info guys.
Ill start the morning sessions from tommorow and evening from today.
If any of you need a treadmill, I totally recomend the one ive bought.
For what it does, its dirt cheap in comparison to others that even do less but are 10times more.

sorry to hijack but in a similar situation and thought i'd post. i've also been hitting the cardio machines in the morning before work but aftter breakfast. i found if i didn't leave a good 45 mins to 1hour before hitting the gym after breaky i would end up feeling terrible during the workout (usually consisting of 4 cardio machines).

i actually had it in my head that going to the gym in the morning without eating would be bad, but now i see it isn't i may have to take with a packed breakfast to have on the tube for afters!

i've heard lots about this heart rate thing, not sure exactly what to do with it, so i've been basically new targets every other day and make sure i hit them, so i know i'm progressinng.

problem with exercising before breakfast is this;

when your body has not had nutrients for a little while (while your sleeping) and you wake up and do a work out... and burn off fat, when you eat your body re-absorbs the burnt off fats... to replenish stocks so to speak.
is personally exercise midday, once you have had breakfast so there is a base for your body to burn off on.

I used to eat nothing all day until my dinner, then snack all night before going to bed.

Just over a month ago I joined a Gym and have changed my whole routine.

Get up at 06:00, have a slice of toast, OR small amount of cereal.
Get ready & off to the gym for a 06:30 workout.

On the treadmill for 1 hour...my usual training consists of fluctuating between.

Incline 14 - Speed 4.6
Incline 6 - Speed 5
Incline 2 - Speed 5.7

I don't run, as I get pain in my knees.

After that, I'm off to the steam room for 10 minutes, swimmiong for 20 minutes, then steam room again for another 10.

Around 10 in the morning, I take an energy bar, at 13:00 I have another bar, or nip off home for some toast.
At night I get my dinner (pasta, rice etc), then a light supper.

My gut has definitely went down since I started.

I put a lot of it down to starting eating in the morning, as this kickstarts the metabolism.

Good luck m8.

Ok guys my routine from tommorow -
Wake up -
Drink some water
Wait 15mins
15min -20min run with fat burn programme - level 3
Steam - for 15mins
Shower

then Normal breakfast, Lunch and then 30mins before dinner I will again run for 15-20min, shower and eat.

How does that sound?

Should I steam in the mornings or evenings?

just wonderinng...you've got your treadmill at home...where is the steam coming from?!

Ok guys my routine from tommorow -
Wake up -
Drink some water
Wait 15mins
15min -20min run with fat burn programme - level 3
Steam - for 15mins
Shower

then Normal breakfast, Lunch and then 30mins before dinner I will again run for 15-20min, shower and eat.

How does that sound?

Should I steam in the mornings or evenings?

sounds cool mate. when you wake up you could maybe spend some of that 15minute gap doing a bit of stretching so you're nice and loose by the time you start running?

However you end up scheduling your sessions - remember the main key to your success depends on what you define as a "normal" breakfast, lunch and dinner!

If you aint eating right then your running and working out wont really help.

sounds cool mate. when you wake up you could maybe spend some of that 15minute gap doing a bit of stretching so you're nice and loose by the time you start running?

However you end up scheduling your sessions - remember the main key to your success depends on what you define as a "normal" breakfast, lunch and dinner!

If you aint eating right then your running and working out wont really help.

Breakfast = Toast, Tea, bowl of fruit and some tablets for omega 3 and fruit/veg supplement. Lunch normally some meat or pasta.

Evening probably again some meat or pasta.

I mean I dont eat anymore too much fatty foods.

Would that seem ok?

I'm not sure how you were before, but for me, it wasn't about goinng crazy healthy with the foods, but just cutting out the majority of crap. I was having far too many takeaways, too many evenings at the pub etc. I've cut the drinking down to once a week, and no takeaways, and always have breakfasts now, and just that in itself has lost me 6kg.

I know we should always eat healthy, but if you were terrible like me, I wouldn't advise goinng in at the deep end straight away with the health stuff, just cut out some of the crap!

For breakfast i'd add in a nice hot bowl of porridge oats made with low fat milk or water.

After your running, the oats will give your body a slow release energy source to last you up until lunchtime (and stop you being tempted to snack before your lunchtime!)

Also try and keep your meals balanced. So each meal has a protein source (lean meat, fish, legumes), a carb source (e.g. potato or rice), AND veggies (maybe get yourself a steamer to cook 'em - steamed veggies are nice - even makes brussel sprouts tasty!).

Oh and final thing... WATER!! Learn to love it and aim for at least 2litres per day.

I never exercise before I eat mate........ ok so I don't exercise after I eat either ...... wonder if this has something to do with my nickname down the pub....Bubba ? :err:

I've just had my 2nd session for today. I ran for 15mins using the programme for fat burn on level 3.
Fastest I ran was at 10kmph and started at 4kmph then went up to 5kmph then 7kmph and fluctuated till it reached 10kmph and gradually slowed down to a stand still at 15mins.
Calories Burnt = 120
Last session was around the same
So in total that was around 240-250 callories burnt for today on just the treadmill.
Hows that guys?

Then I had a 15min steam session with maximum of 32c temp and a shower.

For dinner I had some home cooked chicken with some cooked vegtables, 4 slices of bread, half a glass of lucozade and 2 glasses of water.

Just some friendly advice mate. A pound of body fat = 3,500 calories so if you burn an extra 250 per day + reduce your calorie intake by 250 per day, 500 a day over the course of the week means you'll lose a pound a week. If you lose a pound a week there's a decent chance you'll keep it off, you'll feel & look better.
4 slices of bread (especially if it's white) might be a bit much though.
Good luck with it & keep at it.

Back