Treadmill - How to loose beer belly?

dont listen to that, some body builders and boxers will use this method to lose weight or keep there muscles defined....but its dangerous way of doing things...sweating is your bodys way of keeping cool, this method, you sweat, it cant escape so the sweat is actually increasing your body temp while your body creates more sweat to compensate...then you need to replace those fluids anyway so kinda defeats the purpose...so whenever you excerise always wear loose clothin and drink plenty of water...

jus think, why are all modern gyms freezin cold, even the machines have air con

i work in a sport center, so will ask for a program tommorow thats jus treadmill based (tho i think they might say thats bad way of doing things)...needing a similar program myself ;) but i would honestly include trip to swimming pool and even jus going for a walk...and of course a good diet, no point going all out on treadmill you will soon get bored

Good point, pls do let me know this program when you recieve the info.

if you want rid of a fat gut the only way i know is crunches and lots of them walking only does legs and back not gut lots of sitt ups (crunches)

if you want rid of a fat gut the only way i know is crunches and lots of them walking only does legs and back not gut lots of sitt ups (crunches)

Walking is the best way to burn calories. If you want to lose weight you must eat properly and take regular exercise.

Running burns good energy but is good for your heart and lung capacity(CardioVascular). A good regular walk or swimming will burn fat.

Its your BMI (Body Mass Index) thats important. Building muscle will increase your weight as muscle is heavier than fat. You must work on getting your BMI down before toning up? :)

dont listen to that, some body builders and boxers will use this method to lose weight or keep there muscles defined....but its dangerous way of doing things...sweating is your bodys way of keeping cool, this method, you sweat, it cant escape so the sweat is actually increasing your body temp while your body creates more sweat to compensate...then you need to replace those fluids anyway so kinda defeats the purpose...so whenever you excerise always wear loose clothin and drink plenty of water...

jus think, why are all modern gyms freezin cold, even the machines have air con

i work in a sport center, so will ask for a program tommorow thats jus treadmill based (tho i think they might say thats bad way of doing things)...needing a similar program myself ;) but i would honestly include trip to swimming pool and even jus going for a walk...and of course a good diet, no point going all out on treadmill you will soon get bored

its not dangerous hell you buy suits made for this reason . and m8 walking dont do you much good you really need to have your heart rate 80 and above . and crunchies or sit ups aint good for you back so before doing this try building up your lower back muscles or use one of those sit up abroller things . . and running will take the weight off you . but honest m8 if you really want to be n good shape you need to be taking up atleast a light weights programme . and keep yourself hydrated but dont ovwer do it with the liquids as alot of wegth around the stomach can be water retension . 3 to 4 days a week doing around 2 hours and in 6 months you will see a massive difference if you also watch your diet . dont belive the adverts getting in shape aint easy but it is worth it .

Walking is the best way to burn calories. If you want to lose weight you must eat properly and take regular exercise.

Running burns good energy but is good for your heart and lung capacity(CardioVascular). A good regular walk or swimming will burn fat.

Its your BMI (Body Mass Index) thats important. Building muscle will increase your weight as muscle is heavier than fat. You must work on getting your BMI down before toning up? :)

i only stick to crunches and sex burns lot lol .
i cant run bad knees can only walk for 1mile and knees hurt like a bugger

i only stick to crunches and sex burns lot lol .
i cant run bad knees can only walk for 1mile and knees hurt like a bugger

My knees are getting a bit fooked now too......lol

I'm supposed to be training for a ½ marathon next month. (Well I am training, but a long way off from being fit enough to run 13 miles).

I'm doing a lot of squats and leg work at the gym just now so that my knees will take a bit more. I need to get my lung capacity up also.

im in trainning for next years london marathon . but its hard im 5ft 7 and 13 1/2 stone . weight training is great for muscle and i do alot of ruuning but carrying that weigth on your legs for so long takes its toll on the kness and back .

My knees are getting a bit fooked now too......lol

I'm supposed to be training for a ½ marathon next month. (Well I am training, but a long way off from being fit enough to run 13 miles).

I'm doing a lot of squats and leg work at the gym just now so that my knees will take a bit more. I need to get my lung capacity up also.

i fell of a roof and was lucy landed on legs lol fooked knees right up pins in 2 legs so cant do marathon would like to but i cant would be funny to see doctors face and my face lol

oh m8 bmi dont work on everyone . like i said im 190lbs and only 5 ft 7 so i should have a body mass of around 30-32 . they aint anywhere near that much fat on me . muscle weigths a lot more than fat and if your well tones and do a lot of weigths its more than likely you body weigth is going to be more than any chart says it should be .

oh m8 bmi dont work on everyone . like i said im 190lbs and only 5 ft 7 so i should have a body mass of around 30-32 . they aint anywhere near that much fat on me . muscle weigths a lot more than fat and if your well tones and do a lot of weigths its more than likely you body weigth is going to be more than any chart says it should be .

Yeah, very true Countryboy. Its best to use BMI in conjuction with the Waist Circumference and Waist-to-Hip Ratio (WHR).

Checking your BMI for someone who wants to lose weight is still a good way to start though? If you are just burning calories and not weight training, then however inaccurate the BMI was to start with, it should still come down?

Yeah, very true Countryboy. Its best to use BMI in conjuction with the Waist Circumference and Waist-to-Hip Ratio (WHR).

Checking your BMI for someone who wants to lose weight is still a good way to start though? If you are just burning calories and not weight training, then however inaccurate the BMI was to start with, it should still come down?

the whr is a new on on me . how does that work m8 .

the whr is a new on on me . how does that work m8 .

Not my words ;) but something like this:

Calculating your waist-to-hip ratio (WHR) is one way to determine if the weight in your abdomen exceeds that of your thighs. WHR is the measurement of your waist divided by the measurement of your hips. Measure your waist at the level of your belly button. Waist circumference greater than 35” for women and 40” for men is associated with increased risk. A WHR greater than 1 for men and 0.8 for women is considered unfavorable.

Wish you the best with the gym,you're fully focused so the belly will go in time.

I wont be able to train now for the next 4 days. I have night shifts and during the day I sleep.
However during the 4 days im off I try to burn as much as 800 calories now as a minimum per day on the treadmill.
I also do around 50 situps per treadmill session, so around a 100 a day in total.

Within 2 weeks ill be implementing skipping rope, boxing bag, free weights and a bench.
Shed building starts on Sunday.

Yeah of course do your mid-section work and core area conditioning... BUT don't get it twisted, NO amount of ab/core training will "get rid of a fat gut".

Yes - it WILL condition, firm and strengthen the underlying abdominal muscles underneath your fat gut and yes this will help give you a nice straighter posture - BUT you will STILL have that layer of fat gut covering your mid-section.

The fat gut will reduce as your OVERALL body fat reduces. So do your resistance training to increase your muscle mass, do your high intensity/interval cardio training to burn that body fat AND most importantly MAKE SURE YOU'RE EATING RIGHT!!!

No matter what you've heard - you can't 'spot reduce' fat and train away fat from a body area of your choice... training aint that easy i'm afraid!

And depending on a lot of things like your body type, inherited family genes etc - you'll always tend to hold most of your bodyfat in certain areas and sadly you'll find that bodyfat hardest to shift.

E.g. when us men gain weight it tends to hold around our mid-section area and women tend to hold it around the bums and thigh areas.

So train your body as a complete unit - don't get caught up thinking any single exercise will be the single solution to everything.

(apologies if i'm lecturing - i just get frustrated seeing people trying to crunch away their bellies - it AINT gonna happen)

Good point, pls do let me know this program when you recieve the info.

well i got a program...unfortunately i forgot everythin is on computers in the gym...shows how long i havnt been there and its stored on a key they gave me...will ask ma mate tomorrow if theres anyway to print it off

..tho i did get another fitness plan...all based on things you can do at home and few things more if you have pull up bar n sum weights...rest is based on press up n sit ups etc...will need to get it scanned in or even jus type it out but this guy is martial arts expert and fit as fuk n even when i asked he wanted me to do them...n im in agony now lol...its good

will get them sorted on my days off for you if you want them, that coupled with your treadmill you will be good to go..n his progams are based on 'do what you can'...i dun one of each n n my bodys killin and i thot i was fit lol

Last edited:
Whats going on :mad:
Last 2 weeks - 4 days of training and 4 night shifts of work without training * 2.
On the 4 days I burnt atleast 600 calories per day and was watching my diet.
I had eitha egg and toast or cereal for breakfasts, lunch I might have some curry and for dinner maybe some rice/chicken or sanwiches with salad and meat.

However my weight is still the same if not higher :s

Im thinking that my diet still needs improveing and my training sessions may need more higher intensity.
Any sugestions?

Last edited:
as said before your body will be building muscles while your running especially in your legs...which weights more than fat

the first week of training you will see a change but after its jus hard work without noticing much diffrence and thats what puts people off after a few weeks...they dont see a change everyday after being to the gym so dont bother going back...remember to increase your program everytime you do it, doing same program wont work

stick at it mate

im great at exercising i lift iron 12 times a day are is stella cans aliminium lol good work though m8 wish i had the mind for it my workout is humping the misses every morning and everynight before bed

the reckon sex is the best excersise on the planet lol eye eye :Cheers:

I'm drunk.

But this thread has spurned me on to get back onto my treadmill and start going back to the gym :)

Someone remind me tomorrow that I said this please.

Back