Transmitter for CCTV

ailbek

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have 2 CCTV cameras and I want to trans mitt the video signal from both of theses cameras to another location about 1 mile away. Can anyone give me an idea of the equipment involved to do this. I have thought of the GHZ video senders but I can't seem to find one with the range I am looking for.
Any help appreciated:eater:

Thanks for the info Devilfish but all of the systems listed are a bit expensive and geared towards the professional installer. I am thinking along the lines of diy system comprising of maybe a uhf modulator and tv aerial. Has anyone done anything like this before?

Bit late I know, but a decent video sender with yagi antenna on the receiver.

You will find 1mw transmitters which are legal but wont get you much more than 100m line of sight, you will find 10mw transmitters if you look hard enough, with clear line of sight and yagi antenna you should be in luck, cost of around £200

As mentioned there is profesional rf kit but that will cost around £1000

i dont know much about how its setup etc but what about the idea of conecting the camaras to a pc then to the internet where you can see them anywhere as long as you have the passwrd etc (which you set)even if you go on holiday!!

not many transmitters do 1 mile unless you pay for it or go towards the line of professional installer equipment etc

i dont know much about how its setup etc but what about the idea of conecting the camaras to a pc then to the internet where you can see them anywhere as long as you have the passwrd etc (which you set)even if you go on holiday!!

not many transmitters do 1 mile unless you pay for it or go towards the line of professional installer equipment etc

I think that's what Devilfish was suggesting in his post.
If you use an ip camera with server software in it, you can just stick it into your router and watch it anywhere on a pc.

I imagine he's sorted it by now though.

Curly

Back