Town moves against Islamic school

Status
Not open for further replies.
Islam appeals to every class and every race - as it gives ppl a purpose in life - off course, ppl find a meaning to their life after they convert to islam - you have a wealthy singers, well renowned journalist, actors, businessmen - all living properous life - but converted and found meaning to their lifes after they converted - It does not equal - they did literally have empyt lifes - and they were

yea yea yea Islam is the dogs goosegogs !!

Why are you trying to suggest Islam is THE religion to follow ?

It is my understanding that exactly that ploy was not your purpose ??!!??

Live your life mate....then die....then go to heaven, but in between GTF and let the rest of us get on with our lives.

@ Jaffa, nice post mate, clear and to the point ! God bless you and all who sail in you ????????

Oh we are sorry, would you like us all to shut up ?

Sorry, was just an observation of both sides of this argument (not actually aimed at anyone in particular). Probably should have worded it more like we should probably agree to disagree on this subject (which I dare say is always going to be the case with any debate on religion or politics).

It would be a shame for members to wind each other up and fall out.:starwars:

Sorry, was just an observation of both sides of this argument (not actually aimed at anyone in particular). Probably should have worded it more like we should probably agree to disagree on this subject (which I dare say is always going to be the case with any debate on religion or politics).

Too late my friend.

What a long winded effort to make your point...no need for that kind of effort buddy.

Incidently we like falling out ( well meaning banter only ) otherwise no debate !!!

You can tell your new :roflmao:

We aint going round in circles mate, the muslims just cant clarify how their bretherans actions are against islam........nothing new.........

They are not opening the school for the town people - if the law of the land state that schools can be built where ever they like then why can't muslims build a school where they want. Are the muslims that are building the school not aussie themselves. Otherwise, what you are suggesting is the same as apartided in south africa.

Edit: OK say the muslims move they school to another town and the people say that they don't want it - where does it all stop.

at the 1st islamic city in an islamic country m8.

im not racist but im sick of the same old shit, ooooh poor me im black brown pink with red spots you are all nasty not wanting to change your values and way of life so i can be happy in YOUR country.

this counrty and a few others need to get there act together,how long too an englishman is the minority in england? not too long id say.

hell if you want to live here by almeans come and join us BUT live as we do in this country after all you decided to leave your home country and i mean cmon it cant be all that good or you wouldnt have left???? so why try to change our country to be like your shitty abandoned country???

Whilst normally being my ideal thread, this has certainly got very convoluted.

I think that the 'common sense' ground here would believe that it is not a problem with Islam, more a problem with an activitist group trying to impose themselves covertly on a small community.

The liberals on here (alas I was one, because really, how much sex does reactionary politics get you?) will imply the legitimacy argument. Christians have been bad, and have forced people to convert, therefore we live in a society based upon hypocrisy etc.

Guess what? I am all in favour of people (however stupid they are, and there seem to be a few in this community) who deny the possbility of an organized religion imposing their culture on a community.

I do not like some of the teachings, and especially the application. Did Christianity do it? yes. Was it bad? yes. Is it happening now? not really. Grow up. Do not compare Madonna's 'like a prayer' with radical islamic fundamentalism ( not that I firmly believe that this news story points to the radical element). They bomb people, she prances about like a tart against the pope.

All religions try to expand, just like public limited companies. I am just here to mop up the philosophical detritus.

Bloody hell im drunk.

I think that the 'common sense' ground here would believe that it is not a problem with Islam, more a problem with an activitist group trying to impose themselves covertly on a small community.

All religions try to expand, just like public limited companies. I am just here to mop up the philosophical detritus.

Bloody hell im drunk.

Since when has common sense and religion mixed ? lol

And religion is like companies ?.... what next ? Allah PLC ?

And yeah you are drunk..... lol

Its not just a religous respectful think Munkey m8...its generally just respect. I would never ever curse in front of my mum...mainly because she would give me a thick ear but its due to respect for her, just like you respect your judge m8, its not because he is a muslim, its just because you respect him as a person.

I have seem thinks wrote in threads that non muslims dont understand Islam...I am guilty of that. I dont understand it and have no intention of understanding it because it is not my religion or faith. I dont understand Roman catholicism either or judiaism as I was not brought up to understand it. Everyone can believe what the want or be brainwashed as some may say but it does not make them bad people....its only their acts that can be considered good or bad and thats for all faiths or beliefs not just muslim.

I have to admit that I have no Muslim friends...mainly because there are non near me. I have learned a good bit about Islam from this forum but I dont judge people on their faith... I have some very dear catholic friends but if they tried to built a catholic school in a protestant area I would tell them its wrong, as I would if protestants wanted to build a school in a cathlolic area....its all about respect, not trying to force an opinion on people.

If the people of the town don't want the school there, then their view should be considered and if they vote on it then thats what democracy is all about. If you want to live in a democratic country then you have to accept what the majority wants.

nice post.

and u still got me as ur friend ;)

people keep asking why some think its ok to be suicide bomber and some dont

but the fact is in prophet mohammed's time were there any suicide bombers?

think of this rationally

if 1 guy blows himself up he might kill a few and injure a few
but if that same guy joins the army, trains properly an has proper equipemnt how many more people can he kill??

i think alot more and in those times i think people would of had a war but a proper war
in those days if u were in the army u were like a prized posession.

plus u never see a suicide bomber on the battle field! they are cowards

they only go to civilian places and hurt innocent civillians and some nutters call them martyr i call them evil ass*oles who have sinned very badlys by killing inocent people!

just my views on suicide bombers

Can this thread be closed ASAP.

I used to be for these threads, so we can discuss these issues in a civil manner, but with some peeps on this forum its just not possible.

So just close the damn thread!

Who has not been civil ?

people keep asking why some think its ok to be suicide bomber and some dont

I have not seen that asked, it was asked what part of the Qur'an/Hadith etc that the bombers are misunderstanding, since peeps on here and other places say this is the problem......

FUBAR69 mate, I only read a few posts and I can see that this is not a debate, its just a slagging match.

+ These posts are not allowed anyway...

I know it aint a debate chum, thats why it is in the rant room............

And I am sure if these were not allowed the mods would have shut the thread by now........

So you don't agree that the highest honour that Islam has is Jihad ?

If you want to know more about islam or meaning of jihad listen to Dr Zakir Naik on youtube

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yNrxYewhi0&NR=1[/ame]

what a loads of balls ive read this whole thread and its all balls

what the hell does it matter to you wether they put a muslim school in a place down under.
that is still the arguement right ? or did that get lost in amongst all the muslim faith crap

Im sure there are forums that are solely for the purpose of debateing lol the muslim faith and where the muslims should build there next building or corner shop or whatever

stop wasting forum space little boys go back to school and have a few lessons in RE then become a preist or something if you feel this strongly about poxy religion

oh and i love bacon sandwiches with brown sauce

If you want to know more about islam or meaning of jihad listen to Dr Zakir Naik on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yNrxYewhi0&NR=1

Well I have watched several of his vids and to be honest he does not do anything but quote.

My original question still stands, where are these "extremists" mis-reading the Qur'an ?... all I hear from muslims is the fact that they are not following islam properly but none of you will tell us where, perhaps because you are simply wrong.

Even your Dr friend agrees with me, to be a good muslim you must follow the fundamentals, and of course one fundamental part of islam is Jihad, he labours the point in this video.

[ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=yYjXdw1rVSU&feature=related[/ame]

Also found these quite interesting:

[ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Ufv8-SbklQM&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fibVhjBcJuA&feature=related[/ame]

I would appreciate your thoughts

and is this chap Sunni, S'hia, Shiite, Shire etc?

Not all branches of Islam give Jihad any official status, and for those that do, well it would be a lie really wouldnt it? Jihad can only be used on non-muslims when it comes to violence, I presume then, that during all the terrorist attacks that take place over the world (9/11 being the best example), they tell all the muslims not to be there when they attack.

To answer FUBARs question, I dont think it is a question of extremists misreading the Koran at all, I personally dont beleive for one minute that any of these people could be considered a religous figure etc. All these extremists do is corrupt the minds of vulnarable young people into doing what they want them to do. They are just greedy old men who want to be right.

After all, if Jihad was such an important thing and a very holy thing, why hasnt Bin Laden himself done it yet?

And finally, if we are all scared of Jihad and Jihadists, why did we finance the Mujahdeen in Afghanistan during the 80's?

I remember a similar story about a muslim group with radical members wanting to build the largest mosque in Europe right on our door steps in East London. The proposed site was next to the Olympic Village. The local community was in uproar over the proposal. The local authorities councillor decided against building the super mosque as it would be of no benefit to most of the community. Later he received death threats along with other councillors. He has openly been called racist and xenophobic as by numerous muslims in position of authority. Check out the story below

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7081399.stm

Here are some related short videos

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xdd67n7Pu0[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a82MQx-SjkM&feature=related[/ame]

I suppose that people will now argue that the people who are making death threats and threatening violence are not muslim (although I swear I could see the holy book about a foot away from them)

I remember a similar story about a muslim group with radical members wanting to build the largest mosque in Europe right on our door steps in East London. The proposed site was next to the Olympic Village. The local community was in uproar over the proposal. The local authorities councillor decided against building the super mosque as it would be of no benefit to most of the community. Later he received death threats along with other councillors. He has openly been called racist and xenophobic as by numerous muslims in position of authority. Check out the story below

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7081399.stm

Here are some related short videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xdd67n7Pu0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a82MQx-SjkM&feature=related

I suppose that people will now argue that the people who are making death threats and threatening violence are not muslim (although I swear I could see the holy book about a foot away from them)

good post m8 i hope that the goverment is doing somthing about it. as they are only ppl to make changes in country ppl like you and me have no chance.

and is this chap Sunni, S'hia, Shiite, Shire etc?

Not all branches of Islam give Jihad any official status, and for those that do, well it would be a lie really wouldnt it? Jihad can only be used on non-muslims when it comes to violence, I presume then, that during all the terrorist attacks that take place over the world (9/11 being the best example), they tell all the muslims not to be there when they attack.

To answer FUBARs question, I dont think it is a question of extremists misreading the Koran at all, I personally dont beleive for one minute that any of these people could be considered a religous figure etc. All these extremists do is corrupt the minds of vulnarable young people into doing what they want them to do. They are just greedy old men who want to be right.

After all, if Jihad was such an important thing and a very holy thing, why hasnt Bin Laden himself done it yet?

And finally, if we are all scared of Jihad and Jihadists, why did we finance the Mujahdeen in Afghanistan during the 80's?

I don't know why you think some elements of muslims don't "offically" see Jihad as part of their religion?, but I do know that Sunni's do and seeing as they are the vast majority of muslims I think the point is defunked.

And as far extremists not misreading the Qur'an, this is the answer given by muslims when challenged about the violent elements within their religion. And there is no grey area about islam & jihad, jihad is a very important and current element of the Islamic faith.

As for the comment about the Mujahdeen = simply off topic chum.

the subject of the thread is about resistance to a school in a non muslim area, and they perception of Islam I believe is at the core of thier decision at least in part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back