Toshiba Laptop Problem

Tallguy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi folks, just a wee quey about my Toshiba Satellite p200 1-ee laptop.

The cursor seems to have taken a mind of its own and bounces all over the place most days when in use. I've done a driver update and it says that everything is OK and up to date. It's very annoying with thing going all over the screen. Any ideas what's wrong with it.

Secondly when on charge after a few minutes the laptop shuts down but if on battery all is OK I've checked the time setting for on battery and charger but they're all set at never. Could this be an overheating problem?

Does anybody have any diagrams on how to dismantle this laptop to allow me to give it a hoovering out to get rid of dust inside it?

TIA

Scotty

Does the track pad have anyway of calibrating it?

Overheating is the most likely cause for the shut down on charging. Rather than vacuuming out, you could try compressed air. But, if opening the case you may as well re-paste the heatsinks too.

Does the track pad have anyway of calibrating it?

Overheating is the most likely cause for the shut down on charging. Rather than vacuuming out, you could try compressed air. But, if opening the case you may as well re-paste the heatsinks too.

Thanks mate, I'll have a look and see if calibrating is possible.

Could be a couple of things, the touchpad itself, the cable to the motherboard, or dust inside.

I've just opened up my Acer to replace the palm rest/touchpad, and I'll be honest it was a bit of a pain in the backside, and I've done a few before.

You will need to remove the screws from the bottom, and likely the bezel around the screen (to remove any connections), then the piece over the top part where the power is as this is usually separate, then the keyboard and then subsequently the palm rest.

If you want to replace it, unfortunately you will need to change out the whole top part. Problem is, you could replace the cable and still have the same problem, then take it all apart again to replace the pad.

Toshiba Sat Pro P200 Palmrest Touchpad Good Con | eBay

Could be a couple of things, the touchpad itself, the cable to the motherboard, or dust inside.

I've just opened up my Acer to replace the palm rest/touchpad, and I'll be honest it was a bit of a pain in the backside, and I've done a few before.

You will need to remove the screws from the bottom, and likely the bezel around the screen (to remove any connections), then the piece over the top part where the power is as this is usually separate, then the keyboard and then subsequently the palm rest.

If you want to replace it, unfortunately you will need to change out the whole top part. Problem is, you could replace the cable and still have the same problem, then take it all apart again to replace the pad.

Toshiba Sat Pro P200 Palmrest Touchpad Good Con | eBay

Thanks for your info mate, appreciated.

Back