Torrent/NZB Both Stopped Connection

I use a free provider, and Im with talktalk

I looked into that but there are no restore points lol must of been turned off at some point ? god knows

I would like NG to work but at least I have torrents working for now :)

+1 for newsleecher and what free provider? Is it talk talks ?

Nah its one I got off here from someone mate
NewsLeecher never worked either lol
not to worry ;) I have torrents and use that more tbh

VM definitely do not block 443 but they do throttle nntp during peak period. If you are a VM customer then they have their free newsgroup server. Its limited to 30 days retention and I think around 30mb download but it is included as part of your subscription. BT are the other UK provider who give you access to a free server.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

VM definitely do not block 443 but they do throttle nntp during peak period. If you are a VM customer then they have their free newsgroup server. Its limited to 30 days retention and I think around 30mb download but it is included as part of your subscription. BT are the other UK provider who give you access to a free server.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I must be getting muddled up then, I remember changing ports for some reason. Throttling must have been it.

i have plex
i also d/l torrent & newsgroups
i am on virgin media

i joined a VPN and connect to "germany" for example now when im connected to the vpn ka,tpb etc all load up no problems and download starts, then when the download starts if i think it is slow because of the vpn i disconnect and it still downloads...sometimes the speed goes up but as you know its all down to seeders with torrents newgroups i do the same but i never had to disconnect

my vpn costs me £3 per month

hope it helps you mate

i have plex
i also d/l torrent & newsgroups
i am on virgin media

i joined a VPN and connect to "germany" for example now when im connected to the vpn ka,tpb etc all load up no problems and download starts, then when the download starts if i think it is slow because of the vpn i disconnect and it still downloads...sometimes the speed goes up but as you know its all down to seeders with torrents newgroups i do the same but i never had to disconnect

my vpn costs me £3 per month

hope it helps you mate

Only problem there is you revert back to your normal ip address and can be tracked downloading your torrent files

have you tried this @Rat, just to see if its your laptop, have you any other software that does fire wall like popup blockers etc

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    10.3 KB · Views: 33
Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Couldn't get Grabit to work no matter what I tried but managed to get NG working again by using sabnzbd

incase any others come accross a problem :)

Back