Teamviewer not connecting to the other person in Spain

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a friend in Spain who needs a bit of help so I told him to install teamviewer and I'll have a look.
We both installed the latest but everytime I try to connect to his laptop I just get a message something like:
"The other person is not connected to the Internet"
But he has an Internet connection,
Will it be a block at his end firewall or something by his provider ?.
He told me his provider but I can't remember its name something like telnet I'll find out

When installing have you ticked TeamViewer for personal use ?

If you are both on Windows 10, try quick assist. Also disable any firewall on their side temporarily.

I'm on 7 he's on 10, I only use mine for same old crap were as he's is a business laptop his works on it. I will have to dig deeper later on ask him to check his end, thanks

I had problems helping a friend out who I used to regularly help when he was at home but when I tried to help him at the travel agency he worked at it wouldn't connect then I was blocked from connecting to anyone else. It turned out that it knew that the travel agency had a business line and it thought that I was using it commercially.

I contacted them and they unblocked me again but I can no longer help him unless he is at home so maybe it is his works location that also has a business line, if it has tell him to take his laptop home and use TeamViewer on it there.

I've used legit and a cracked version still no joy
I've still not spoken to him were both a bit busy but I'll post up if and when we sort it so if anyone else gets the same problem they can try and fix it, thanks

Could be ISP, I know TalkTalk in UK block TeamViewer depending on whether they have settings on

Could be ISP, I know TalkTalk in UK block TeamViewer depending on whether they have settings on
I have had that too when the "client" has been using TalkTalk, you have to change the security settings that stop those nice people with funny accents who claim to be called John or Susan who tell you that they work for Microsoft, who ring up to tell you that your computer is running slow and that they can help to make things better for you.

I have had that too when the "client" has been using TalkTalk, you have to change the security settings that stop those nice people with funny accents who claim to be called John or Susan who tell you that they work for Microsoft, who ring up to tell you that your computer is running slow and that they can help to make things better for you.
Downside to any remote software that works over internet rather than just LAN.

How do you know these nice people with funny accents from Microsoft, don't like using TeamViewer?!? I wouldn't be surprised if these same nice people with funny accents from Microsoft, prefer to use Chrome or FireFox instead of their own browser haha :)

Back