Top customer service, again!

Firemouth

Inactive User
Reaction score
For the second time in 3 years I find myself singing the praises of Logitech's customer service.
I've had a Marathon m705 for some time though i preferred my lx5.
anywho, i plugged it in the other day and it would not connect to the dongle.
having tried all the permutations including resetting the mouse, I gave up and rang Logitech.
we went through al i had done then.
"What's the PID sire."
"its just a little past its guarantee but, we will send you another one anyway." (this includes a fresh three year guarantee)

"Any problems with any other Logitech items?"

now i have an EX110 that i bought from a carboot 5 years ago and the legs are bust.

" ahh sorry we cant supply those, but ill issue a 50% discount code (redeemable at online logitech) because you have a none functioning logitech item."

ok so the MK350 i want is out of stock, and the code only lasts 30 day, but it all sounded good to me.
even the call was to a standard landline number, so was free for me!

last call was for a busted set of speakers that DIXONS said had run out of guarantee after 28 days????????????????????? (lying tw@s)

in both cases i was left to depose of the faulty item (as in i repaired the speakers and will have a go on the mouse too even if it does not mend i still have a brand new unifying dongle)
delivery only took two days too, by UPS.

you may not like all their kit, but they do know how to treat customers, and thats a fact.

we are all quick to complain when a company does us wrong (and rightly so) but its good to hear when people have had good experiences aswell :)

Replaced my MX Revolution because it had charging problems.

we are all quick to complain when a company does us wrong (and rightly so) but its good to hear when people have had good experiences aswell :)
indeed I've ranted here about several companies and their awful service and products.
so its heartening to lay some praise for a change.
even more so when such service is consistent over a number of years

I had a logitech mouse go wrong on me many moons ago, it turned out to be a dry joint on the refferance crystal might be worth checking.

talking about good customer services, years ago when I lived in the USA bought a GAP top, moved back to the UK and had the top for around 1 year but noticed the material on the sleeve was wearing a bit thin, emailed Gap just out of interest and they asked me to take a copy of the reply they sent to a local GAP store and I can exchange the faulty item, did just that and no questions asked they exchange the top.

I had a logitech mouse go wrong on me many moons ago, it turned out to be a dry joint on the refferance crystal might be worth checking.

How does one open it up? I'm guessing the screws are under the glides on the bottom if there are any.

How does one open it up? I'm guessing the screws are under the glides on the bottom if there are any.

On the one I've got there was two info stickers on the bottom of the mouse, with fcc regs and serial no etc I think, one at the front one at the back, these had to pealed off to expose the screws.

yep. I'll wait a month (guy said i should depose of it if not asked for it within that time) then a reflow was already penned in!

depends on the mouse, but my lx5 and the 705 both have them under the skids, front in the case of the 705 as well as two under the sticker in the battery compartment.
the LX5 has two under the front skids and one in the battery compartment.

Back