BEKO customer service stinks

edogg

Inactive User
Reaction score
My missus has been complaining for months that our old hoover washing has been leaving marks on the washing. So i bit the bullet and purchased a Beko ECOWMB81445LW as this was looking to be the best buy for economy and quiet spin cycle
We purchased it on line from AO.COM and had next day delivery all went well, But after 5 washes it failed to spin my missus tried to empty and spin but this failed as well I phoned Beko and was advised to do a factory reset i.e unplug for 2 hours and then press start for 6 seconds and then put it on cottons 90deg we did this but it still would not do anything I phoned beko again was told an engineer would phone me Monday to make an appointment to visit. It is now Wednesday and still no engineer has phoned. I have emailed AO.com and Beko made loads of phone calls to no avail last night I emailed the CEO of AO.com using a form letter from which, to reject this washing machine for the sale of goods act. John Roberts the MD of AO answered me straight away saying he had passed it to the head of customer services. One hour latter I received a phone call from AO customer services saying exactly what I had told them that this was unacceptable from beko and he would sort it. I have had email replies from beko and ao saying that an engineer would have visit to before anything could be done
So I would advise not buying BEKO products because their customer service stinks and the repairs do not even bother calling when they get requests for repairs

Hi manic0 I already did all that I sent AO the which form letter the problems is no engineer has phoned to make an appointment

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

the beko engineer just rang he is coming tomorrow afternoon just waiting for the call from alister from AO.com to ring now sometime after 1:00 pm hopefully

Alister from AO just called to confirm that beko has made the appointment just hope we get this sorted now far too many emails and phone calls over a 10 old washing machine

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

it was delivered on 18/10/2014 and broke down 31/10/2014

Should of just quoted sale of goods act
If you buy a washing machine that turns out to be faulty, under the Sales of Goods Act you can choose to reject it and get a refund as long as you do this within a 'reasonable' time - usually within three to four weeks.

WOuldn't bother getting a new machine repaired.

I know and that is what I have done but AO.com are insisting an engineer inspects first and this is the delay because until I emailed the md of AO and they phoned beko head office we had not had a phone call from the engineer to come and see the machine we have now had this but it took a lot of time and emails and phone calls to get this far

I know and that is what I have done but AO.com are insisting an engineer inspects first and this is the delay because until I emailed the md of AO and they phoned beko head office we had not had a phone call from the engineer to come and see the machine we have now had this but it took a lot of time and emails and phone calls to get this far

well the engineer has been the motor was seized so I phoned AO.COM and asked to speak to Alister and they are going to send a replacement washing machine tomorrow so fingers crossed this has no faults as this was the fastest way of getting a new machine

I bought a Zanussi from AO.com 22nd Nov last year, just packed in this weekend. Always found them to be very helpful, AO.com even offered to contact Zanussi for me. Zanussi Engineer came out and replaced part next day. Just not built to last these days!

I am just unhappy that I had to wait 4 working days and numerous phone calls and emails and until I emailed AO's managing director nothing was being done

ive fallen foul of beko as well, i wont ever touch any of thier machines again, we purchased a american fridge freezer in 2011, with extended warrenty with comet.
We noticed our door was rusty when the machine was a year old.
We contacted the extended warrenty people and they said it was a manufacturing fault as the rust was under the paintwork.
I then contacted beko head office, and it was the rudest person ever, they said it was a year old and tough.

We have since dumped that pos and purchased an samsung i would never touch thier crappy machines again - you get what you pay for.

Replacement machine delivered at 7:00 am this morning

ive fallen foul of beko as well, i wont ever touch any of thier machines again, we purchased a american fridge freezer in 2011, with extended warrenty with comet.
We noticed our door was rusty when the machine was a year old.
We contacted the extended warrenty people and they said it was a manufacturing fault as the rust was under the paintwork.
I then contacted beko head office, and it was the rudest person ever, they said it was a year old and tough.

We have since dumped that pos and purchased an samsung i would never touch thier crappy machines again - you get what you pay for.

See we have had our fridge freezer for about 6 years now and its fine, they even did a modification to it about 4 weeks ago to stop water going in the motor at the back or some thing :)

Back