TomTom MOBILE V6

Try again mate, it should be working, I just uploaded it so it should work, just keep trying the link please

C9679, I Have Downloaded The Maps & Software. When I Run It On The Phone. Its Asking Again For The Activation.
What Shall I Do? Now

Are you sure you just have the following on the memory card

Postcode (folder)
raster (folder)
tomtom (folder)
voices (folder)
UK_and_IE_plus_major_roads_of_WE-Map (folder)

TomTom.Mobile.v6.01.S60v3.SymbianOS9.1.sis

I have never needed to activate the above maps at all... on the N73, N80 or any phone that I have installed it on, you should just have the above and the standard folders that you normally get on a clean memory card

Contacts
Data
Images
itn
logging
Other
Raster
Sound Clips
Video Clips

You shouldnt have any other maps on the card, no Great_Britain or any others??? Please read me the contents of your memory card...

Last edited:
FIRST I PUT THESE FILES.
Postcode (folder)
raster (folder)
tomtom (folder)
voices (folder)
UK_and_IE_plus_major_roads_of_WE-Map (folder)

THEN I PUT THE MEMORY CARD INTO THE PHONE. BUT PHONE DOESN'T RECOGNISE THE FILE.

Did you format the memory card using the phone, if you do this it will make its own folders it needs on the memory card, once this is done copy the contents of both zips to the memory card, so you should have a file structure similar to the above, do not delete the folders the phone creates when formating...

Make sure your maps folder is in the root so you have
UK_and_IE_plus_major_roads_of_WE-Map and inside there you have the map files not UK_and_IE_plus_major_roads_of_WE-Map and then in there another folder UK_and_IE_plus_major_roads_of_WE-Map in which you have all the files...

I think you previously didnt have the old maps deleted and it was still trying to activate the great_britain maps from the previous attempts???

Format Card in the Phone
Remove Card use in PC, copy contents of Zips to Card
Insert into Phone
Phone File Manager
You should have

TomTom.Mobile.v6.01.S60v3.SymbianOS9.1.sis as well as other folders but you shouldnt have a great_britain folder or any of the old maps on there...

Last edited:
yes just now i formated the memory card with phone.
and the link you provided for software it has only the following four folders will these be enough. normally software has many folders & files.

Postcode (folder)
raster (folder)
tomtom (folder)
voices (folder)

Yup mate that should be enough, format the card so you dont have the old great britain maps on there and then just copy the zip file contents to the card, the TomTom.Mobile.v6.01.S60v3.SymbianOS9.1.sis setup file should make any extra folders it needs, if it asks if you want to install to phone or memory card, select memory card...

bu there is no TomTom.Mobile.v6.01.S60v3.SymbianOS9.1.sis in the folder. the one i downloaded from your link

Oops sorry mate, unzip this to the root of the memory card

Ok, we are getting some where, can you tell me if it asks you before whether or not you want to install to memory card or to phone?

Also can you read to me exactly what you have in the root of your memory card, folders and files...

Is this the N73? Which software version do you have please? *#0000#

i installed it. now when i run it. the logo stays on. but not coming on.

I have seen it crash like that on old software versions of the N80 so what is your version please? and are you using this on the N73? What size memory card are you using?

*#0000#

yes it has asked me whether or not you want to install to memory card or to phone?

then i tried to install on it memory card. couldn't succeeded. then i installed it on phone memory.
it is n73 phone. software verson: v 2.0628.0.0.1
rm-133

I think you might need to update the firmware on your phone mate, try the same on your other phone please to see if it works any better on that one...

You might need a newer firmware on the phone before it runs properly, if you have a datacable with the phone, you can update the software for free from Nokia http://www.nokia.co.uk/A4226014

Check the latest version available for your phone at http://www.nokia.co.uk/A4305060

Last edited:
Cool, there must be something newer than that because im sure that is quite an old version... I have had the same problem with just the TomTom splash on old versions of the N80 so it may be the same issue on old versions of the N73

Think the latest version is 3 something...

Ok cool, after you have done that, try it again this time install to the memory card, try that again... You may need to copy the sis file over to the card again as sometimes it deletes it

Back