TomTom MOBILE V6

i have updated the software. but still the same. when select the tomtom button. it stays on. not coming.

Did you reinstall it after updating the firmware???

Uninstall the version you have then reinstall this time try it on the memory card, instead of on the phone and see if it will install on the card, if not then install on the phone

yes mate. this time i tried different software. it works. thanks for your help.

devilfish,

i finally managed to installed on n73. but still strugling to install on e50. it seems the previous tries making the files currept.

Hi all.

I'm looking for a bit of help / advice on installing TomTom 6.01 on a Nokia N80.

I've copied the files across anto a freshly formatted card, used file manager to browse to the .sis file and tried to install.

I get the message Install TomTom Mobile -BiNPDA, to which I select Yes. Then a message comes up saying Certificate may not be valid, is expired or phone date settings may be incorrect, Then nothing.

I've checked the date / time settings. Rolled it back a couple of months and Googled my little socks off but can't find an answer.

The firmware version is V4.0623.0.41

I'm now officially stuck! Any suggestions gratefully received!!!

Hi Rose,

Make sure you have the correct time and date set on the phone, having it a few months back would do more damage than good, lol if the clock is set to before it was even released then it wouldnt install...

Change the time and date to the correct settings and try again, I had the same error once on a N80 too but changed the date to the right date and it worked fine, I have installed the same version on the N80 and N73 quite a few times and havent really had any serious installation issues...

DigiTech, if its still asking for the activation code on the other phone, then its likely you still have the old maps on the memory card, format that card as well and try again

Devilfish thats what i call information thats mate well useful
regards biffo

i am still unable to sort it out on e50. when ever i install it. it is asking for activation key. please help. thanks

Hi C9679.

Thanks for replying. I'm a total idiot!! I thought I had set date and time OK but after reading your post and checking again, I had set it to 2006.

Total blonde moment!: shocked2

Anyway, changed to 2007 and installed fine.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated!: thanks :

Lol, its ok, happy to help... :)

I had a feeling it was that because I had someone else who called me with the same message and he couldnt get it to work, he said he had tried everything, including downloading different versions, formatting card, upgrading phones firmware and everything, I took one look at it and saw the date was set to March 2004... :)

i am still unable to sort it out on e50. when ever i install it. it is asking for activation key. please help. thanks

It will ask you for the activation key if you still have the old maps on the card... as I said format the card and download the version 6.60 maps

Read me the contents of your memory card again please...

i have downloaded version. 6.6.
but finally i could namaged to activate it. thanks for your help & support. you are all really credit to the forum. keep it up.

I cannot get mine to work.
I have a nokia n73, firmware v3.0638.0.0.1

On my memory card I have folders: lifeblog, raster,tomtom,postcode and voices, also the file TomTom.Mobile.v6.01.S60v3.SymbianOS9.1

When I open this file it says "preparing installation" then asks if I want to install "tomtom mobile-binPDA" , I say yes.i get back "certificate error"

What am I doing wrong, please help.

What happens after the certificate error, you should get a certificate warning anyway and then should continue installing... Whats happening on yours after the error???

it just goes back to the list of files on the sdcard

By the way the files I am using are the ones from post #39

Not sure what that is if its a fault with the phone not allowing applications to be installed without a trusted certificate or something, ive never had a problem with the N73

Normally

Preparing Installation
Install TomTom Mobile - BiNPDA?

> Select Yes

Security Warning: Application is untrusted

> Select Continue

Back