Thanks for that it worked great should i put that file somewhere for others to use?
Also do you know how to backup favorites from mt TT1 to my Mda i cant find the file.
Again thanks for your help.
Ok - I give uup lol
The answer does not appear to be here so it must be so simple no else was slow enough to need to ask but
I havce ponly gotten cab files from the cd I have TomTom NA v665.1293
So no META or DCT etc I have looked in the cab files with zipgenius and do not see those file types either
Where do they come from heh?? What do I do next ?
Thanks Devil -
Tried to install the Cabs after transfering them to the phone - 2 different map sets and they both failed - and as is normal for WM no useful error information.
Does any one happen to know whether a cab install will simply fail as unsuccessful if there is not enough room on the SD Card to "install"/ex=and the maps in the SD card or is there a proper "not enough space" type message?
I may need to go find a way to figureou tif the map files are the problem.
They are the V set I referenced above -
Thanks for settingme on the right path -
OK guys I dont see this anywhere in the forums so decided to write one up. I've finally managed to install tomtom 7 on my pda (mda compact3).
So here goes:
1) Find the device ID of your PDA.
To do this you will need tomtom home from HERE
Install then connect your pda usig active sync.
It will recognise your device and after strting up, see the pictures below where you have to click.
2) Download TTN7.450.9028_repack.cab from somewhere (usual places, just search in google and you will find)
3) Download MAP. I got this one United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland_v720.1802.
4) In the map folder you will find loads of files, we want the 3 files that end with META, PNA and DCT. Copy them to a another folder called "insert_meta_from_Map_here". <--- yes thats the name of the folder.
5) Go one step up from the folder you should have 4 files and one folder. the 4 files ar called:
and the folder is called:
In the DeviceID.txt just copy and paste your device ID.
double click on RunmeForDCT.bat > select Option 1 > Follow instructions.
Once it has completed, go into the "insert_meta_from_Map_here" folder and copy the new META, PNA and DCT files into your map folder and replace them. > Your map is now ready.
Put the TTN7.450.9028_repack.cab into the storage card of your PDA and run it. it will install tomtom on your PDA. > copy map onto the storage card.
Run tomtom and off you go!
Any problems let me know guys hope this helps and hope i been clear.