Hi there - I'm new around here and I'm trying to get Tomtom 7 on my Mio 168. Been running a version of tomtom 5 for a while but wanted some new maps and voices so I've been trying to upload tt7. Story so far is I downloaded a version with uk maps and followed these instructions supplied but step 8 did not work - didnt get that new file - any thoughts? TT7 is on the Pda and it sees a map but says not the correct activation code (because I havent been able to complete step 8 onwards). If some of you nice folks could sort me out I'd be grateful.
1) Copy the contents of the "SD_CARD" folder to the root of the storage card
2) Install TomTom Navigator 7 with the "TTN_7.450.9028.cab" provided
3) Start TomTom and look up your DEVICE ID from TomTom, which can be found in the file "ttnavigator.bif" on the storage card under DeviceUniqueID
4) Copy the "TTN7" folder which can be found in the "CRACK" folder the the root of drive C:
5) In the "TTN7" folder right click on "Edit, Save, Open.bat" file and click Edit
6) Where it has "XXXXX-XXXXX" enter your DEVICE ID from the "ttnavigator.bif" file
7) Save the changes to the "Edit, Save, Open.bat" file then open it
8) A file called "United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland-14.meta.dct" should appear.
9) Copy this file to the "United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland_v720.1802" folder which can be found on the storage card
10) Put storage card back in your PDA then run TomTom Navigator 7