tomtom 550 go

2tone

DW Member ++
Reaction score
Have a 550 go and as im going to florida was looking to bring it with me what im looking to know is what all would i need to be able to load maps and what size of sd card is best

The software comprises a 'navcore' which is essentially the software that runs the device, and then the maps themselves.

As the navcores are locked to different devices/versions you need a specially adapted navcore that will run on multiple devices including those it wasn't designed to run on.

You also need a patched map pack which will allow you to run the maps on an unauthorised device.

I have used TomTom a few times in Florida and it is absolutely superb, especially the lane guidance feature.

gpsUnderground.com has all the info and files you need, but they are being hacked at the moment so beware of redirects lol

:)

Any other site you might know of as i cant even get on to there

Navitotal should have what you need but sometimes they have 'issues' with virus/trojan warnings too so be careful out there :proud:
HH.

after a bit of looking i see there is a couple of different ways of doing this if this is right i can use autoactivate or fastactivate
these seem to be easy to use as long as i have the right maps for it are the florida maps on here for the go 550 dose anyone know as i have been look at two sites and not sure what ones to pick from as there is so many

Your map has to be compatible with the version of Tom Tom you have on your unit so have a look for your version.
On my Navigo I start up Tom Tom then press the Satellite lock indicator in the bottom right of the screen, then on the next screen it tells me version 7.910: I've got a few maps on my SD card but they all have to be compatible with TT 7.910, the Florida map I use is North America 835.2421
Oh & FastActivate works a treat.
Hope that helps,
HH.

can i get this info if i log in to tomtom root is it in the ttgo.bif file if so would this be right ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=9058

Last edited:
Sounds right to me. If that's yer TT version looks like you can have virtually any suitable (region/country I mean) map from 850.24 to 850.2834
HH.

Edit: I'd probably go for this one, North America 850.2821 [1.49GB]

Last edited:
ok so as it stand at the min i have not loaded anything to it thats say factory default i have a couple of files i need to load here ttsystem , pndnavigator and navcore.9-058-568435 only file i dont have is the maps united states also what are these east install files

sorry should have said fastactivate you put it in to the tomtom root directory or you can run it from your pc or put it in to your maps storage

I run FastActivate on the SD card when it's connected to my pc after loading the maps I need onto it & the maps are activated when I plug the SD card into the unit.
HH.

ok so if i have the sd card in my pc what files would i need to have in it maps and another files

have maps usa_canada_865_3261 are they ok

ok so if i have the sd card in my pc what files would i need to have in it maps and another files

have maps usa_canada_865_3261 are they ok
With the SD card in your pc add Tom Tom navcore you've got to it, add the map, add FastActivate all on the root of the SD card. Run FastActivate & try the SD card in your unit see if TomTom loads up the map & lets you browse it. Normally a 4gb card lets you have as many maps as you need on there, most maps under 1gb, 2gb the biggest I've seen.
The usa_canada_865_3261 map is compatible with your TomTom from what I can see.
You never looked on NaviTotal did you?
HH.

was on navitotal for maps but getting them was very slow for me got a couple of files on there navcore.9-0 , ttsystem and pndnavigator

when i put sd card in to tomtom and start it i get problem with map you cannot run this map on this device thats if i did it right

Did you get a successful message when you ran FastActivate on the card?
HH.

thought i did ill format the card and try it again

Last edited:
still getting same problem red page and saying cant use map

If you got a successful message when you ran FastActivate on the card & the map looks compatible with your TomTom I don't know what the problem is.
Only suggestion I have is make sure on the SD card TomTom navcore is called mobilenavigator.exe & is in a folder called 'mobilenavigator' and the map you have is in a folder 'usa_canada_865_3261'
Hopefully somebody else has a better suggestion as I'm off to bed
HH.

Back