tm800hd wifi curse !!!!!!!!!

just out of curiousity - how do you use a wifi bridge on the tm800 - is it easy to set up and does it def work ??

you can use a wifi bridge on any box basicly the box still sees this connection as lan. There are plenty of cheap wifi routers capable of acting as a bridge they can be picked up for less than £10 on ebay.

Last edited:
Only disadvantges of a Wifi bridge are that you need to use an additional power socket to power the bridge, and have another device adding to the clutter...

And of course extra expense for thoise of you who paid 50 quid for a official TM WiFi module...that is in effect completely useless, until TM/UR TEAM fix their images...

See if TM will give you a refund on the wifi modules...and buy a cheap wireless bridge or router you can convert to a bridge wth DD-WRT..

dquig007, i use that exact bridge, thats what i created a wifi tm500 with, by adding a power socket in the back of the receiver for it

works with my tm500, 600, 800, 5402, xbox 360, old toshiba laptop, anything with ethernet port and usb to power it

ive ordered one - sorry to sound thick digi - but how do i install it - do i need to buy a seperate power supply for it ?

ive ordered one - sorry to sound thick digi - but how do i install it - do i need to buy a seperate power supply for it ?

Usb port should give enough power to run it ,if device you will connect have such ports or you can use Dm 500 power supply.

itll run off any power source from 5-15V, and it comes with a USB-DC jack adaptor as well

to use it, you first run a small programme on your PC, and plug the bridge in, the programme finds the bridge, and starts scanning for wifi access, you choose your wifi, and then enter any security key needed to connect, and save it to the bridge, and thats it, all wizard driven

you then plug it into anything you want to make wireless, and its done, as though its wired by ethernet cable

a VERY handy little bit of kit, so usefull in my eyes that i approached the company about becoming a retailer for them

Back