[TM800HD] Hot ?

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to reboot mine every 10 minutes or so coz it just freezes or crashes

after so many reboots it just loops Technomate then if I reboot again it just loops starting

now when I touch it to me it seems very hot,Im wondering if this is causing mine to crash so much

does your TM800 get hot ? not warm hot

the case is hot to touch m8?

mines left on for days at a time, and while one side gets a bit warm, its no more than any other electrical gear

if it is overheating, then that could well be whats causing it

well something seems wrong as its as it freezes x amount of times then it loops as I explained in post 1

the tm800hd dont have a fan

and guess what mine is doing the same thing

freezing after 10mins or so

its hot around the psu side and the tuner side

i bet if i can stick a fan in or take the cover off it wont freeze

they should of included a fan as standard after all its a linux hd box

.etc

If you pm me your addy I'll send a fan for you to try, same as I use on my dm800

I've noticed that the right hand side of the TM800 gets really hot, it's the part where the PSU is located so some heat is to be expected. The area over the tuner gets warm too but it's still much cooler than the PSU side.

Earlier today I was getting artifacts on every channel, which was a bit worrying, but as the weather outside has cooled down my picture has stabilized again.

Been getting same issues as you witchy, but then connected the notebook cooling fan I use on the DM800 and that did the trick. Been stable since then (touch wood)!

got it all working again today :) and I can honestly say when this box works the picture and sound is fantastic :Hit: (HD) even SD is good

but for all my criticism I think the box is great

but Technomate need to know the issues hence me/us posting :) I really dont want to put anybody off lol

it was my choice to buy this box so early into its release knowing there could be some issues

@ Rat, exactly mate, none of us were tricked into buying it, we all knew the firmware wasn't ready.

I'm really enjoying it so far, my box is surprisingly stable.

@ crazyfool no fan installed yet mate

@ witchy
mine lasts about 10 minutes before it crashes
just timed the last one 15m22sec lol

Been getting same issues as you witchy, but then connected the notebook cooling fan I use on the DM800 and that did the trick. Been stable since then (touch wood)!

did this fix the issue then or has it started to crash again

@ witchy
mine lasts about 10 minutes before it crashes
just timed the last one 15m22sec lol

But you just said that you had got it all sorted?

lol

My box isn't fitted into my TV unit yet, it's sitting out in the open getting plenty of air, maybe that's why?

sorry when I said sorted I meant i got it flashed without it looping the Technomate/Starting on the front screen
least now I can get a TV picture for a while at the moment

going to flash latest firmware on now be I feck it up :confused: lol

What do you think of the new image mate?

I like it, nice and stable so far (only 1 crash) and the addition of the Audio selector is a Godsend. I see they've also added a 'please wait' picture for those moments of lag.

Receiver due tomorrow. Just wondering if there is connector on board for internal fan and if so which fan would be recommended.Prefer not to use external usb fan unless it is the only option. Thanks in advance.

Back