tm800 not booting stuck on (technomate)

lickey

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all... for some reason box not booting stuck on technomate tried to reflash thru usb but no joy at the mo

any ideas?

Can you confirm that the file is named correctly, usb port is active (ie not used up by hdd adapter) and that drive is in fat 32 format?

did the box get stuck from a flash or has the box been running and it suddenly done this ?

is the file name named correctly ? TM800_update.bin
and on the root of the usb

did the box get stuck from a flash or has the box been running and it suddenly done this ?

is the file name named correctly ? TM800_update.bin
and on the root of the usb

box has been running ok for the past 12 months just suddenly stopped... and yes i have named update file correctly....

done all what you said mate even fallawed instructions lol, still not booting or updating by usb stick....

technomate scrolling on display when i turn box on, cant do anything with it.... :(

shame really because box has been ok for me...

I would try unplugging the box from the mains for 5 minutes
then trying this latest backup image from DD
http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/down...&cid=16&ctitle=technomate-linux-images&id=208

if you can at all manage it do a factory reset

you might want to do a search for fallow abc and follow the instructions from Dr Linux/Linux Dreamer

Hope this helps sort your problem :)

I would phone TM up direct mate
Email - Email Support - [email protected]
Email - Request a call back
Telephone - 0208 8840259

dont be fobbed off :)

and please can you post back the outcome for others who may have the same problems :)

good luck mate

can you suggest a box with same sort of functions? btw thanks for your time....

I was in the:same boat as you a couple of years ago, I ended up buying a Dreambox 800SE clone
I've never looked bsck mate

the limitation of using plugins have now gone
I've gone from 2mb of free space to around 19mb that's with my plugins installed

I have read though that TM new wave of linux boxes are better :) although there are many that wouldent entertain TM again

do your homework there is plenty of choice :)

can you suggest a box with same sort of functions? btw thanks for your time....

You may be able to get TM to do a part exchange with a newer reciever..thats if you really, really want another TM reciever..

Some Linux Enigma 2 boxes that actually work properly include... DM800HD, DM800SE, VU SOLO, VU UNO or for twin tuner VU DUO, VU ULTIMO

Theres also the newer lesser known Gigablue recievers I dont know much about these though, and the newer TM offerings like the TM Single and TM-TWIN OE. Personally thoug for Enigma 2 and Linux Dreambox and VU are the best supported and have the best track records.

Last edited:
Back