TM500 UR rel 2.0.23 (14-Oct-2009) cannot get to plugins

kunmun23

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi m8s,
I recently got hold of a locked TM500 box (no password). It has a saved Cline that I want to extract before I reflash it with a new image.
I thought of using the Tubox plugin to edit the passwd file to remove the password so that I can ftp in and extract the cline.

The issue is that this box that this box seems to have been locked in a weird way : The yellow button does not bring up the plugin screen. So I can't install the tuxcom plugin. Only the red button seems to work-it refreshes the softcam keys...I have tried almost everything, pressing the blue, yellow, green buttons (twice/thrice)...tried the file button..checking menus to enable it...nothing seems to work...

Any ideas how I can install the tuxcom plugin, reset the password, extract the cline and reflash a new image... ?

The primary goal is extract the cline as I may not be able to get to it otherwise.

Help pls !!

Hi K,

can you get to miniwebb and backup your var from there?

Nope...doesn't allow me to get to minweb either :(
I switched off the box..keeping pressed the power button, switched it on again, waited a while till display showed the IP address's last 3-digit. Tried getting into the miniweb from the browser but it takes me straight to the regular web interface ..

Anything else I can try ?

Back