Need help with Zgemma and some plugins please.

Arthur Daley

DW Regular
Reaction score
Hello all, thought i'd buy a cheap VM capable box for my sis as a treat so got a Zgemma LC. Tried iPab on it but it goes really slow during setup then kinda freezes with timer going round and round constantly.

Anyway, got latest OpenATV nightly build for it and put that on, as there isn't any wooshbuilds for this model I believe, this works fine apart from a serious omission from the plugin downloads section, that of any cams. So I ftp'd mgcamd over and installed it but was then left with the inability to enable it since there isn't ant softcam managers there either :mad:.

Either there is a hidden menu or button sequence that I'm not familiar with to do this or I need some more plugins to do the job for me?

Any help in this matter would be appreciated :).

Hi mate heres the softcam for atv , FTP this over to TMP , then Press BLUE button select Plugins > Install IPK > Then when you use the plugins you will see Softcam in selection mate

Attachments

• softcam-feed-universal_2.0_all.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 12
I purchased a LC and it was shite, slow crashed alot, yes they are very cheap but not worth it, spend a few quid more and for 68 quid get a H2H

as for other question, I managed to manually install mgcamd let me dig out my notes and get back to you

Just an update, I installed the softcam feed above but it still seemed to lack any way of turning the cams on via a cam manager???

After a couple of hours going nowhere fast I resorted to trying the OpenVIX and wish I'd done it earlier. I know where I am with that and it had almost everything I wanted. Will have another quick play at the weekend but looks like Vix has won the battle on this poor relation of a Zgemma box :)

Thanks to those who offered assistance.

Just an update, I installed the softcam feed above but it still seemed to lack any way of turning the cams on via a cam manager???

After a couple of hours going nowhere fast I resorted to trying the OpenVIX and wish I'd done it earlier. I know where I am with that and it had almost everything I wanted. Will have another quick play at the weekend but looks like Vix has won the battle on this poor relation of a Zgemma box :)

Thanks to those who offered assistance.

After installing the cam feed and downloading one cam from the feed press the blue button once and all the option to start the cam will be there.

Back