TM-TWIN receives Wotsat GOLD award

I also think inside next 12 months sky uk will have very strong anti cs measures in place.
So these stb's like you say will go back to the hobbyist.
Also hopefully all the plug n play cable brigade will disappear as they only want 28e.

Tbh the tm twin works perfect after it's initial problems from what i see on the forums.

I agree..seems to be getting decent feedback. I do like the fact that TM have priced their current E2 recievers quite keenly, still not as good as clone prices but probably the cheapest of any broadcom based original recievers, on paper specs look OK as well. It's some much needed competion in the market which is only a good thing for end consumers, for too long DMM and VU have been the only real proper E2 choices.

Now you have TM, Gigablue, Clarketech. Theres other boxes with some E2 suopport but theyre not Broadcom based and are not as good..

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
If so bad why does wos sell so many vu still, and they do for sure.

LOL now why do i have the feeling that that was directed towards me ??.

To clear things uo a little here, I have 6 E2 receivers in total.

Vu+ Uno ( my first E2 box )
Vu+ Duo ( my first dual tuner E2 box ).
Vu+ Ultimo ( This is used as the primary family receiver which sits in the living room primarily due to the three tuners for recording etc.
Vu+ Duo LE ( Limited Edition White / Aluminium box )
TM Twin
TM 2T ( my primary test box and the one i do most of my viewing / recording on ).
several older E1 boxes including two TM 600'S a DM7020SI and a DM600 ( all now in their boxes and gathering dust ).

I used the uno for well over a year without any problem although now it gets used only for testing, the black duo was also used for around 9 months again without any major problems and was superseded by the ultimo. in fact i gave my black duo to my little brother as a swap for the Ferguson e202 i bought him a few months ago as i fancied something new to play with.

now for the TM's i got my Twin just shortly before we released the first public image so most of the problems the other testers had were already sorted before i got to play with it and there were a lot of problems, but thats not something i'm going to get into again here. The 2T as i said is now my primary test box and i rather like it, it's a fast little box and out performs my duo's in almost every respect but it still has some issues which were badgering TM for fixes for such as media playback etc.

now you can take this post however you like, but i'm no fanboy nor am i paid or bribed in any way to tout any box. if any of the above had serious problems i would say so.

Last edited by a moderator:
and not a Rat in sight
shhhhhh

Please point me to all the off topic posts.
As all teh ones I have posted are relevant to wotsat etc, except any personal jibes at digidude lol

Since you asked or can't remember what you posted earlier

What have your comment in post 20 got to do with a what sat review about the TM-TWIN?

If someone wants to send me one those tm's to play with for a bit I'll be happy to give my opinion from a happy dreambox user what I say is always gospel, ask miggy! Lol :D

As a owner of a genuine dreambox 800hd owner, I have put that away and now using the tm-twin as my main box. With the dreambox you what you pay for I paid £350.00 or so when they first came out. When they first came out they had issues with overheating and people where putting fans in them until dream came up with a fix with a new bootloader release. The twin came out and it was not up to the required standard of the dreambox so it came and went. Now though the software is working well and its is fast, much faster than the dm but that's to be expected with the different running speeds. My twin is mainly used as fta but with the 1channel and icefilms plugins as where are the other end of the earth. I think those who now buy these box's will be plesently surprised, they are reasonable in price and do what they are supposed to do.

Back