TM Twin Hostname

stav8124

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi

Does anyone know how to change the hostname to show up on my router. I installed the TM-Twin 5Dd image and my router showed up as TM-Twin. My receiver crashed then i re-installed the iq 24.4.12 image but now my router shows my receiver ip as unknown. Does anyone know how to get the receiver to show TM-Twin. I have a Belkin N1 Vision with a digital screen which shows my connections so showing the receiver helps.

Thanks

in the images i make, this is actually sorted out at source level prior to the image itself being created. you may be able to manually edit it on a live receiver

FTP into your receiver, i think the file is located in the folder /etc/ and actually called hostname, edit this with a text editor, and restart your receiver, and this should (i think) sort this out for you

If you want to do it quickly from the command line, telnet into the box and carefully quickly type the following, replacing newname with your choice of new hostname.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

then reboot the box by typing:

Code:

or just do it the normal way through the menus

I have done what you both have said and the hostname has been changed to what i wanted but it still says unknown on my router. I am not sure what the TM 5Dd image had but it worked on that. The only reason why i changed back was i didn't like the EPG menu it only showed now and next not like the grid version on the IQ. Digi can you please let me know how i get the grid version EPG on your image and ill re-install that one again.

I have 2 dm8oose and only one of them shows its hostname even though they both have one,the other one stays blank

As an aside to this how come they dont show as network devices in windows 7 even though all the pc's in the house do?

I had a look for that EPG a while back but couldn't find out. If you really want to stick with 5D then you could always install CoolTV for your EPG.

Not sure about why your router isn't playing ball. Can you not assign a name to a MAC addy like you can on some routers?

Can you please let me know how you assign a name to a MAC?

Can you please let me know how you assign a name to a MAC?

lol, not without knowing your routers admin pages, but if you'd be kind enough to lend me your fancy N1 for 6 months I'll tell you :)

It's usually in the wireless access pages where you'd turn on MAC address filtering

lol Vec i'm being dumb today but where can i get the receivers mac address?

telnet into the box and type:

Code:

and it'll be the colon separated address next to HWaddr under eth0

the 'grid' epg is created by the skin itself, its the default graphical multi epg. if you post a screenshot of the one you like, it may be possible to edit using the remote

Digi on your image you have a mount manager which lets you select the Hostname. where did you get that from?

Back