TM-800 UR-19-09-2010 Released

yes but that release at the end of the month- the beginning of october was for the media player to play mkv's, avi's etc and not the playback function of what youve recorded. the last release clearly doesnt work for alot of people

yes but that release at the end of the month- the beginning of october was for the media player to play mkv's, avi's etc and not the playback function of what youve recorded. the last release clearly doesnt work for alot of people

Forrest i can't help but think even if UR team brought out a super uber patch that fixed every issue on your TM-800HD, and the image made it so your TM-800HD brought you breakfast in bed.

Youd still moan that the cup of tea was too milky or the toast too brown. :)

Last edited:
it maybe funny to some people, but there are some of us for which the recording issue doesnt work and having spent £250 for a linux satellite PVR its a little annoying. At the end of the day who gives a shit about all the VFD icons working. This update should have had one fundamental issue resolved - the recording and playback of encrypted and non-encrypted video - simple as, no freezing, no lock ups, no green screens. all the rest can be done anytime and are simply extras to make it look pretty.

it maybe funny to some people, but there are some of us for which the recording issue doesnt work and having spent £250 for a linux satellite PVR its a little annoying. At the end of the day who gives a shit about all the VFD icons working. This update should have had one fundamental issue resolved - the recording and playback of encrypted and non-encrypted video - simple as, no freezing, no lock ups, no green screens. all the rest can be done anytime and are simply extras to make it look pretty.

I agree forrest but what does moaning on and on about the same issue solve?

Why don't you pm the UR_TEAM member with a list of issues your having so that they can work on them as a matter of urgency?

I can not flash a backup image on my receiver but there's no point in me moaning about it at every given opportunity is there?

I agree forrest but what does moaning on and on about the same issue solve?

Why don't you pm the UR_TEAM member with a list of issues your having so that they can work on them as a matter of urgency?

I can not flash a backup image on my receiver but there's no point in me moaning about it at every given opportunity is there?

if you find that guy ,give my regards !He is like a icebear,has gone for winter sleep:proud:

We apologize for the wait but we are doing our best to get them fixed asap. The minor fixes such as VFD icons, etc were done because they are very simple and take no time to do.

We have found an issue to do with the formatting of the HDD which will be fixed this week, amongst other fixes.

UR_team

We apologize for the wait but we are doing our best to get them fixed asap. The minor fixes such as VFD icons, etc were done because they are very simple and take no time to do.

We have found an issue to do with the formatting of the HDD which will be fixed this week, amongst other fixes.

UR_team

thanks UR Team is this whats causing the problem with the playback of recording tv?? the formatting of the HDD

the recordings play back perfectly on a PC though, even streaming backwards via VLC

the main issue is the media playback on the receiver, gstreamer is cocked right up

the recordings play back perfectly on a PC though, even streaming backwards via VLC
I eventually did manage to make one recording that was corrupted. When streamed to my external media player, it manifests itself by briefly freezing and then stopping completely at more-less the same place, much earlier than the end of the recording. However, this could also be attributed to any one of the 1000 problems that we have recently identified as HDD related, so, time will tell.
the main issue is the media playback on the receiver, gstreamer is cocked right up
I would think that this is 100% correct. Strangely enough, one of the beta-testers that previously had irresolvable problems with playback, is now reporting a near 100% success since he changed the type of the internal HDD.
All in all, we keep tripping over our own feet in the total darkness that TM/UR put us in.

All in all, we keep tripping over our own feet in the total darkness that TM/UR put us in.

We are the beta mushrooms, best kept in the dark, and dripfed crap, lol :proud:

Id rather have a list of what 'should' work than an image with no list, and id much rather have no time given than dates that keep slipping

Ah, the no-boot problem... could be caused either by high current draw of the specific HDD (a theory) or image problem. One thing you could try is to put the plug that HDD into a PC, find & download any software (there are many, google it) that will allow you to format it as either ext2 or ext3 (Linux formats) and try plugging it into the box again. Can't think of any other things to try, sorry.

Back