Tm 600 Nameserver Help Requested Please

tipster

Inactive User
Reaction score
HELLO,

Firstly, I have only just joined having received a Technomate TM 600 yesterday. So thought I would start by saying HELLO.

I am new to all this having decided to change from Cable to Sat, so please bear with me.

I also got with the TM-600 a Vonets Wireless Bridge (blue). The TM-600 is straight "out of the box", I have not updated any Firmware yet.

I have the TM-600 linked to my wireless router, I can Ping the box from a cmd prompt and its appears to be working. I kept the DHCP box ticked on the TM 600 to set itself up, then removed the tick to assign a static IP to the box. As above this seems to be working fine (I also ran TCC 7.1 to see if it would talk to the box and it seems to work fine as I tested it by backing up the original box files).

The problem is it reports "no internet connection". I have done some extensive searching prior to posting for help, and it appears from what I have read that it is the "Nameserver" that causes the problems.

I am doing all this from within the LAN page on the TM-600.

I have left everything else as it was (port 80, enable network, etc) but I have tried numerous different IP addresses for the Nameserver, all to no avail (I have left the gateway as my Router Base Ip which it defaulted to).

I have used the ipconfig /all from a cmd prompt and it returns 3 DNS Server addresses, I have tried them all to no avail. Also, from the router Control Panel (Belkin G Router), I have tried the WAN IP and the Default Gateway IP. Again, without any success.

Do any of you have any suggestions as to what I can try next as I have exhausted

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

p.s I am presuming that I will need the Internet Connection to work if I am to use the Box form my "intended purpose" (which I am unsure if I am allowed to mention on here so will err on the side of caution).

Last edited:
Hi,

Now sorted via a Firmware update (from here).

MANY THANKS

some of the older images show no internet connection, but there is actually a connection, it just throws u off abit

Back