TM 3300 not opening Via 4 card

GAH2402

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guys looking for a bit of help.

I have a friend with a TM 3300 which he used with an Al Jazeera V3 Viaccess card. It worked great until Al Jazeera switched to Via4, but I then got a Phantom patch (V2.52) which solved the problem, and the Via4 card then worked fine. He is now on to his 2nd V4 card, so that patch has worked for well over a year now. However, he called me the other day to say the card wasn't decoding. I checked in the CAS menu, and the card doesn't expire until July 2012. I took the card home and it works perfectly in my DM800 using CCcam. I then brought his box home to rule out an LNB problem, but it didn't work on my dish either, so the box has definitely stopped opening the Al Jazeera channels. He's not interested in any other channels, but FTA channels are working fine. Anyway, I decided to download the latest Phantom patch (V2.62), but I keep getting E029 on the display when I try to install the patch (using Magic Loader 1.1.5). I've tried it on 2 PCs, and I know the cable is a null modem becasue it's the one I used before to update the box!

So, any ideas why the box has stopped decoding Al Jazeera (I'm pretty sure they haen't changed anything), and any ideas why I'm gtting and E029 error when I try to update to the latest patch?

Thanks,
GAH

Hi Guys,

Sorry to bump this, but can't anyone help?

Thanks,
GAH

Back