Tivo setup home network.

wenglishboy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi cableguys. Since the update on my tivo i have realised that i can setup my tivo on my home network... Is or has anyone already done this? I have set the ip of the box to fall in line with my router but cant seem to get access to the box. Am i missing some Virmin software on my laptop or something? I would check out the tivo guides on ntl but cant be arsed truth be told. would it be worth doing this.. or is it simple? I know when youve got it setup you can watch any pre recorded stuff via the home network but has anyone tried ftping the box and the likes? The update has left me with more questions than answers. ps. to get access i am pressuming that i can type the ip address in explorer am i wrong??? thanks people.

I have now learned that I can connect to my tivo box via the internet explorer interface. Which I have done. If anyone wants to know how to do this then just make sure you have your media key which can be found in your system info on your tivo box. And your Ip address of the box Ethernet Ip address and not the cable Ip address. Then type in internet explorer this in to the address bar https://192.***.*.*/nowplaying/index.html, obviously changing the astrix to your own ethernet ip address. you will then be presented with a login box. your username is tivo and your password is the media pass key which is stated on your tivo box under system settings. DO NOT ALLOW OTHERS TO GET YOUR MEDIA PASS KEY.

My next question is how come all i get is a list of recorded programs, Is this it? I thought i would be able to stream stuff to my kids laptops upstairs. Any more info anyone can pass on to me to save me from searching?

Back