Time shift failed

Is it type? That's showing vfat R/W other than that can't see anything to show the format

Yes it is type. which shows it is Vfa and not ext. You now have two options which were mentioned above. I know which one I would try first.

1. Remove, place in HDD caddy or PC, format in fat32 and then reconnect to receivers and then initialise it as others have said.

2. As has been suggested, Dont bother formatting as fat 32. Unmount first then
Menu > Setup > System > Storage Devices > Initialisation > Select device > Red button to initialise > Yes to warning about losing recordings.
Wait for completed prompt to come up.

Attachments

• exfat5.jpg
    exfat5.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 7
  • exfat4.jpg
    exfat4.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 7
  • exfat3.jpg
    exfat3.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 7
Tried that comes up error: unmount: can't forcibly unmount /media/hdd: device or resource busy

Would I be able to back up to USB then disconnect the hdd flash the backup back onto the box then plug the hdd in and format then?

Response to post 44. That is probably because it is being accessed by the PTS feature. Disable PTS and ensure no recordings are being made.

Response/query to post 45. Are you referring to backing up recordings on HDD?

can I ask is this hd 3.5'' or 2.5'' / and if you have used it in skybox f5 you will have to format it before putting in vusolo2

Just turned PTS off then tried same error then restarted the box made sure PTS was still off tried again now working fine showing ext 4

Good work.

Provided you have got the completed prompt, re-enable PTS and and check that the symlink error has disappeared.

PTS error has disappeared thanks a lot guys. I was going to give the sky skin a try in the downloads where do I transfer it to via FTP?

can I ask is this hd 3.5'' or 2.5'' / and if you have used it in skybox f5 you will have to format it before putting in vusolo2
Why is this please?
Why can't linux receivers/PCs format/initialise a HDD/storage device?

The picture is a little stretched the bottom menu goes past the screen. Tried my TV remote to adjust it but it channels the solo2 menus and same with the controls actually on the TV lol why is this?

If you have Overscan enabled on your TV, disable it.

If not you can adjust the size of the menu screens on the ViX image. Adjust it until you can see a bit of light on the edges.
Menu > Setup > System > User Interface > Position setup

You can set the menu size in system -> user interface -> position setup

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Sorted it guys thanks a lot. I'll give you guys a rest now lol for abit any way

Back