Time shift failed

slacky1230

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys

Just got my clone and trying to set it up. Keep getting creating hard link to time shift failed. What does this mean?

i think its got some thing to do with the hard drive i put in. Is there any way i can check the drive? also how do i add my cline?

Last edited by a moderator:
enable Permanent Timeshift Check recording paths /media/hdd/movie

Hi guys

Just got my clone and trying to set it up. Keep getting creating hard link to time shift failed. What does this mean?

It means you have not set up timeshift properly in settings.Timeshift is basically permanent recording so you can pause/rewind live tv
1)what image are you using
2)do you have a hard drive or some other storage device for EPG and timeshift to save to.?

Yeah put in a 500gb hard drive which I don't think is working properly. Any way I can test it?

And using vix

Yeah put in a 500gb hard drive which I don't think is working properly. Any way I can test it?

And using vix

For your hard drive go to settings/setup/storage devices and initialize/set up hard drive.
you need a ccam config fie with your personal info on to ftp to etc.
you need to install a ccam.

I pressed Initialize and it started doing it in the back ground. Is that right? How do I FTP? Used to doing it manually on my f5

if you flash vix to your box with hdd installed it will mount hdd

I keep getting the error message even when the vix was flashed with hdd installed. I can see it in devices etc

I pressed Initialize and it started doing it in the back ground. Is that right? How do I FTP? Used to doing it manually on my f5

yes that is correct for hard drive..when you come out of menus it will say complete etc.
as for FTP you will need to install a FTP programme there are many but i prefer DCC (dreambox control center)this allows you to communicate with your box from your computer and send files or receive files from box..plus a lot more.
If you are completely new and don't have a clue then reading some of the sticky tutorials might be a good idea

This is not for your box in particular but lots apply the same.
newbies technical guide for C/S

Getting Started - Flines & Clines For Beginners

Dreambox Control Centre for Enigma 2 v1.40 - Downloads - Digitalworldz

go to menu - setup - vix- mount manager - green button to set up mount - and mount it to /media/hdd - and press green to save, then restart

if you flashed vix while the HD was installed it should al be good so i dont know whats going on..
I would first keep trying to initialize the hard drive..
But every time i have had this problem i have re flashed image again and it sorts it..

right got my ccam. Connected to the box via dcc where do i transfer the ccam to?

managed to do that now all channels up and running :). Quick question my offers aswell as . Ive put the in but how would i use the neoline?

managed to do that now all channels up and running :). Quick question my offers aswell as . Ive put the in but how would i use the neoline?

I have edited your post please do not discuss cardsharing in open forum.

if i was you for now stick with what you have till you learn a little more as if you think that was hard wait till you try the other method you mentioned.

it wasnt hard with a point in the right direction it was quite easy. I'm trying to install tsmedia. Is this the same connect via ftp then transfer the files over? just having a browse with dcc but cant seem to find where the plugins are

it wasnt hard with a point in the right direction it was quite easy. I'm trying to install tsmedia. Is this the same connect via ftp then transfer the files over? just having a browse with dcc but cant seem to find where the plugins are

your plugins are available in the plugins menu.if you wish to install a plugin that is not available in feeds/plugins then you get the plugin you want then FTP to temp folder var/tmp using DCC then manually install using software manager in settings menu on your box.

Thanks downloaded some. Can you recommend any? Now just need to sort the time shift out. Also I'm getting service not found (Sid not found in pat) on itv 1 do you know what causes this?

Back