Threw laptop across the room

Teeny

Inactive User
Reaction score
ok.... here's the problem.

My brother n law has a laptop Acer Aspire 5552, it started running slow, he got the hump with it and slung it across the room...yeah I know... anyway situation is this.

The hard drive is knackered. It won't boot to windows so I checked the bios and the hard drive isn't there. I put in his laptop another working hard drive, checked the bios and it finds that one ok, put his hard drive into another working laptop and bios can't find it. So I know it needs a new hard drive.

What I want to know is.....
(oh yeah, no he didn't do any recovery disks from it when he got it...)

I have a desktop Acer AX3960 and when I got it new I did the recovery disks for it, so I am wondering if.....
if I buy new hard drive for it, I need the windows 7 to put on it, would it be possible to get it from the recovery disks I made from my Acer ?? I know the drivers will be different but I was thinking about just the windows system bit.

Or better still if someone has windows 7 disk I could have a copy of.

Thanks guy's. x

ok.... here's the problem.

My brother n law has a laptop Acer Aspire 5552, it started running slow, he got the hump with it and slung it across the room...yeah I know... anyway situation is this.

The hard drive is knackered. It won't boot to windows so I checked the bios and the hard drive isn't there. I put in his laptop another working hard drive, checked the bios and it finds that one ok, put his hard drive into another working laptop and bios can't find it. So I know it needs a new hard drive.

What I want to know is.....
(oh yeah, no he didn't do any recovery disks from it when he got it...)

I have a desktop Acer AX3960 and when I got it new I did the recovery disks for it, so I am wondering if.....
if I buy new hard drive for it, I need the windows 7 to put on it, would it be possible to get it from the recovery disks I made from my Acer ?? I know the drivers will be different but I was thinking about just the windows system bit.

Or better still if someone has windows 7 disk I could have a copy of.

Thanks guy's. x

Give the recovery disks a go, you may get a NTLDR is missing error as the disks may install a different IDE controller from the desktop setup? If so try FIXBOOT and FIXMBR from the DOS recovery consol.

I could send you a disk if you like? :)

Get yourself a samsung 840 SSD

A copy of windows 7 ISO from digital river and a copy of daz loader (links can be found on the forum). No need for recovery disks and it won't contain all the crap that the recovery disks will. Once connected online windows is pretty good at picking up all the drivers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just download the version on the serial sticker burn and set the lappy to boot from the dvd drive

Back