Lost files on a Mac

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not clued with a MAC but a friend's son who works in media sent me this see if anyone can help.
He's been quoted £350 to recover

"Basically I copied files from the desktop of my mac to my hard drive, they copied and when copied were fine, I thought nothing of it and deleted them from my desktop to make space. About a couple of hours later, those files I copied were saying 0 bytes, and I couldn't open them. The drive is EXFat and encrypted with bit locker"

Can anyone help ? I think he means copied desktop to an external HD ext, encrypted with bit locker.
Or
Has anyone got any good MAC recovery SW something that recovers files and files named. Were talking about 30gb lost.
Thanks

You know I never thought that but it makes a lot of sense. Now you've mentioned it I seem to remember something similar happening to me ,
Thanks I'll pass it on now :)

0 bytes normally means the files haven't copied across. Why is the external using bitlocker? Seems a little odd.

I presume he's checked the bin on his mac? Or have they deleted them from there as well?

I'm not 100% sure with but he uses bit locker to protect his files as he works for a large broadcasting company.
I've given him advice and passed on spuds YouTube link so I'll get back when he's had a pop.
I would have thought that, once bit locker has decrypted the drive that recovery shouldn't be a problem.
I'll find out more
P.S. I'm seem to remember I once used drive crypt years ago. I copied files over and they all showed 0bytes.
I can't remember if I got them back or not

Anyone got the cracked version of:

MacOS BitLocker Loader by Cocosensor
Or
UUbyte unlocker for Mac

Last edited:
Would this be any use I'm D/Ling it now, I don't know if it works and the discription is confusing, mentioning windows then Mac. It is from a Mac section of a site. @silverdale

Description: Wondershare Recoverit is the reliable Data Recovery software for Windows. It can recover all file types including photos, videos, documents and other files. It restore data from all storage devices and crashed Windows system or bootable problem. Data recovery is easier, faster, and more reliable than ever before. Faster scan speed driven by a powerful built-in Data-Analyzer Engine. Advanced Deep-Scan algorithm goes deeper into the data structure and brings a record-high data recovery rate of more than 96%.

aJTmFbBNl.jpg

It can recover Mac data from lost, deleted, logical corrupted and formatted Mac hard drive, iPod, USB drive, SD card, digital camera, mobile phone, MP3, and MP4 player. Compatible with HFS+, FAT16/32, and NTFS file system volumes, this non-destructive Mac file recovery software ensures safe Mac file recovery without modifying the original data saved on your Mac machine or any other storage media. Versatile preview lets you enjoy Mac data recovery in advance.

Features:
Safety First:
– Read-only and risk-free Mac data recovery program. No any writing operation to your original data.
Versatile Preview Ability:
– For images, real-time and direct scan results is displayed during the scan process to let users stop scanning once the target images are found.
– For other Mac files such as videos, audio files, archives and documents, they are displayed as a text in a Hex mode for preview to let users enjoy file recovery on Mac in advance.
Precise File Recovery for Mac:
– Before data recovery on Mac, you can choose the target file types to scan, which saves you much time especially when there are tons of files on your Mac machine.
– Restore deleted files for Mac with original file names, shooting date, and storage paths.
Support file names search for scanning results to provide you precise Mac file recovery.
Easy-to-use and Clean Interface:
– Complete wizard and easy-to-use interface let you perform Mac data recovery in a breeze.

Nice one, thanks for that I'll pass it on to him when you get it. I think he needs to first try unlock the ext hard drive (like you suggested) with a macos bitlocker type program but the ones he's tried are trials.

If he has no joy then I'll get him to try and recover the files he dumped on the Mac

Sorry to be hard faced again but has anyone got a cracked version of easeUS Data Recovery for Mac ?. I use it for Windows and I swear by it. Ive passed on Recoverit to him, thanks for that

The lads getting this from your download any chance you can post elsewhere might be corrupt say at "wetransfer" ? Thanks
IMG-20210320-WA0026.jpg

Back