Thousands march in Berlin against mandatory masks & Covid-19 measures

Wont matter if you end up 6 feet under from the hoax

Doubt it will ever fully go away

@chookey now that shielding has come to an end , Anything changing for you? do you feel any safer. Mines is over also but tbh it wont make much difference to me. I ain gona be rushing to the shops or pubs, only thing different for me is my regular hospital/ Doctor appointments might resume.

@chookey now that shielding has come to an end , Anything changing for you? do you feel any safer. Mines is over also but tbh it wont make much difference to me. I ain gona be rushing to the shops or pubs, only thing different for me is my regular hospital/ Doctor appointments might resume.
I had my first face to face Hospital appointment just over 3 weeks ago Shaun. Still can't see my GP face to face. When I seen the Consultant he wanted me to have some bloods taken, "Do it on your way out" he said. The Hospital was practically empty and the huge Blood Tests area was completely empty.
The machine would not allow me to enter my details as I was a "walk in", appointments only. I pointed out to a staff member that the Consultant advised me to come straight here and that he wanted the results fairly quickly. No, I would have to make an appointment.

I didn't fancy coming back the following day. It's a 18 mile round trip and 2 hours on a bus if none of the girls can bring me. I thought I'll have it done at my local Hospital instead. No, turns out they are only testing their own in and outpatients. I had to use a local centre instead which gave me their earliest appointment, 20 days wait. So healthcare wise I feel vulnerable.

As for pubs and trips out I've bitten the bullet. After 135 days of shielding I've had enough. I'm extremely careful though and only drink 2 pints anyway so don't get careless through drink. I've been using shops practically all the way through shielding. I don't eat yet so it's only toiletries and the odd bottle of milk. My kids would do any shopping for me but I'm very independent and have all amenities very close.

I don't feel 100% safe but I am ultra careful as to my distancing and what I touch. I won't wear a mask in the open but definitely in a shop.

I picked up a 2nd hand mobility scooter yesterday. I was trying to avoid getting one but so glad I did. Had the best night's sleep last night than any I can remember. I was so relaxed in bed watching tv my smart watch registered me as being asleep a full hour before I actually was 😂 😂

Glad your OK chookey. Ive been in from from the start and I usually get monthly blood checks which I aint had since them , all my hospital appointments were cancelled and Im waiting on them phoning me .
As to GP I cant see ours being open for a while and even if it does I think alot more will be done by Video link and telephone.
Our surgery lost one of our Gps to Covid. She caught it early on and was in ICU for a long time.
I live in the sticks , no shops and no buses. I cant drive anymore and I wont go into the nearest town to shop via taxi I have bought almost everything online from the weekly shop to anything else we have needed.. Anything I couldn't get the lass next door has got for me.
I dont think much will change for me now and can see us being locked down again for the winter after we have had our flu jab. Hopefully not but thats what I think.
Anyway Pal you look after yrself and take care. I keep wanting to get myself a quad bike to get myself about but the wife thinks Id be better with a mobility scooter

Glad your OK chookey. Ive been in from from the start and I usually get monthly blood checks which I aint had since them , all my hospital appointments were cancelled and Im waiting on them phoning me .
As to GP I cant see ours being open for a while and even if it does I think alot more will be done by Video link and telephone.
Our surgery lost one of our Gps to Covid. She caught it early on and was in ICU for a long time.
I live in the sticks , no shops and no buses. I cant drive anymore and I wont go into the nearest town to shop via taxi I have bought almost everything online from the weekly shop to anything else we have needed.. Anything I couldn't get the lass next door has got for me.
I dont think much will change for me now and can see us being locked down again for the winter after we have had our flu jab. Hopefully not but thats what I think.
Anyway Pal you look after yrself and take care. I keep wanting to get myself a quad bike to get myself about but the wife thinks Id be better with a mobility scooter
Get a cheapo scooter Shaun. I didn't want to as I felt it was like giving in but now realise that was just silly. Returning from a walk too far a couple of days ago an Asian guy up the road kindly asked if I would like a bottle of water or something. I obviously looked in some form of distress. That made my mind up for me.

This one does 4 or 8mph which is nearly 3 times faster than I can walk. The only downside for me are some pedestrians, seem to think they own the pavement. 😂 😂 😂

Back