Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Think Modem (250) has been Bricked...Not Sure...Please Advise

blobert

Inactive User
Hello,

I recently got an NTL 250 working with NTL in Dublin. It was mostly fine except the connection kept dropping out every hour or so so I tried a few different Macs.

Since early today the internet is no longer working and when I try to access 192.168.100.10 I get an error message saying it is not available (this has not happened before, I normally get the Infinate page)

I tried connecting to the modem using the Ambit tool via telnet but it says the address is not available.

I can still connect by Max232 and change the Mac settings etc (and these stay changed) but the internet is still not working when I change back to a Mac that was working and I still cannot access the 192.168.100.10 Infinite Page. I had changed the user name and pass before this happened so I thought it should be reasonably safe.

2 possible things that might be wrong: Vista tried to fix the problems it was having with the network connection so it might have changed something (unlikely) and I also did a lot of DHCP sniffer Bruteforce scans yesterday which may have drawn attention to me.

Anyway I can't work out what's wrong so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

i carn't help much but if you can access the 192.168.100.10 Infinite Page the modems ok so it just maybe the mac or config. 1 more thing mate run it through HyperTerm and see if you can still mess with it.
Thanks

Last edited:
Address for the infinite page is 192.168.100.1 not 10 mate, thats where your going wrong.

Back