The Prodigy - Metal my Arse!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love how nearly all of raven24`s threads have at the bottom

Last edited by Raven24 at xxxx

As he sits there and ponders how to make his paragraphs of fanboy crap sound better.
Dont forget its raven24s self imposed mission to take well known members down a peg or two.

Prepare for more ruined trolled threads.

LMAO, missed this bit. :)

So you think I'm a God, that's nice.
And you're here to try and knock me down a peg or two?

'Two faced double talking tosser', please please tell me what on earth you are talking about.

Why not tell me who you are, are you a coward aswell as a trouble making nobody/keyboard Warrior/spotty bastard?

;)

Oh here we go. That the best you got ? LMAO!! Yeah Witchy I signed up just to take you out....get real. And Witchy you always have been a fake arse tossbag that's just me being real with you....the only person making trouble in this thread was you as anyone reading a few pages back can clearly see but as ever it's not about who's right and who's clearly wrong seeing as how it was you who started with the swears and the trolling because you didn't have the brains to manufacture an intelligence war so you had to start with the trolling - but as ever it's about who's in with who as it always is. And how can I forget the obviousness of retards sucking each other off. Either get a life or get a room! I'm embarassed to be associated with you ffs.

Again I dare anyone to tell me I'm wrong, whoever does will be knowingly lying their arse off. And what's worse is the fact that you had to hear this from me, a nobody on here with less than 200 posts who is more than likely younger than most of you in the real world at age 24. Age has nothing to do with it though as you can be a retarded nob at 40 or mature and intelligent at 16. Tossers will be tossers no matter what though I guess. It's pathetic....it'd be fookin hilarious if it weren't so sad as a lot of you doing that shit are pushing 30 or well over that hill already and it's like Jesus wept do you have no life ? Because you must have a sad existence if forums are all that matter to you in your extensive spare time.

As he sits there and ponders how to make his paragraphs of fanboy crap sound better.

This edit's just for you.....

Fanboy crap ? Excuse me but who is the one with a 360 avatar ? You. Who is the one with all 3 consoles and enjoys gaming on all three ? Me. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out who the fanboy is just because I prefer the PS3 and the majority on here prefer the 360 just because it's hacked. Grow up I'm no more a fanboy that the Queen in truth. The ones throwing the accusation around however, especially you Cisk.....the facts says it all. Your avatar and my console preference? Your honor I rest my case.

Last edited:
I like The Prodigy a lot, and I also listen to 'very' heavy metal. Arch Enemy, In Flames, Dark Tranquility.

The appeal of The Prodigy is that their music is timeless, no matter if you listened to it in the early 90's or listen to it today it still sounds current and that is the appeal. Admittedly, the very early stuff was more rave/techno based but their music became unique to them and you could listen to a track an know it was them.

Seeing them live is great. I saw them at Download and the tent was rammed, I must have come out 2 stones lighter from all the sweat I shed.

If you actually take the time to watch Kerrang you will see that their are very few actual 'metal' bands that are shown on it now. It is much more mellow than you might think. Paramore, Within Temptation, Foo Fighters and Fall Out Boy are all featured on the channel today. But in my opinion none of these are 'metal'.

Seeing them live is great. I saw them at Download and the tent was rammed, I must have come out 2 stones lighter from all the sweat I shed.

I've seen them 3 times now and they are terrific to watch. I'll always remember the first time I seen them, T in the Park in 96 and they were on during the day, you could almost get sea sick watching the crowd all bobbing about at different times making it look like a sea swell :)

They played the Caird Hall in Dundee just a few weeks back and some bloke fell from the balcony during their performance. Badly injured at the time but alive.

I've seen them twice (glastonbury an eon ago & Bournemouth this year) and they always raise the roof with their performance. Not sure i'd ever call them metal nor dance, they bridge a couple of genres for me.

And Witchy you always have been a fake arse tossbag that's just me being real with you....

I'm still waiting for any evidence of this, hurry up now, you're starting to look even more rediculous.

the only person making trouble in this thread was you as anyone reading a few pages back

Wrong again.

Some facts for you, seeing as you seem to have trouble finding them.

You started the personal insults.

Your fanboyism and blood alcohol content took over and you took offence when I said that anyone with a number one album didn't necesssailry mean that the content was any good.

You then went on the offensive accusing me of 'backtracking', contradicting myself' and trying to 'save face,' then went on to say how 'thick I was'.
What on earth was/is all that about? I don't remember ever proclaiming I was some sort of mastermind in the first place.

trolling because you didn't have the brains to manufacture an intelligence war so you had to start with the trolling

There you go again, an 'intelligence war', what on earth is one of those?
Isn't that what the CIA and KGB get up to?

I absolutely love the fact that you are trying to turn this upside down and accuse me of being the Troll, that's classic. You obviously think yourself to be educated or atleast more educated than me, if you are then what happened to you, as so far, since joining DW you are coming across as a ill-informed, agressive, trouble making teenager with paranoid delusions.

but as ever it's about who's in with who as it always is. And how can I forget the obviousness of retards sucking each other off.

Here we go again, you realise you're comments are null and void and have nowhere to turn, so you play the 'old pals act' card., very original.

Yes it's true, I am a member of the Digital-Worldz mafia, so don't mess with me or I'll have your knee caps removed. :)

'm embarassed to be associated with you ffs.

Yet you keep coming back for more.

You are not associated with me in any way. I simply would not associate myself with you or anyone like you.

Again I dare anyone to tell me I'm wrong

You're wrong.

Infact, to be honest, I've kinda lost as to what exactly you are ranting about now, you're coming across as a complete trambling fool, to say you were grasping at straws would be an insult to straw.

whoever does will be knowingly lying their arse off. And what's worse is the fact that you had to hear this from me

Yes, that made it much much worse.

I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to say, but whatever it was it was very much worse since you said it. You are the Prince of Worseness.

a nobody on here with less than 200 posts

It's not about being a 'somebody' and it's not about post count.
It's about getting along with people, not taking offence because I someone states a different point of view.

Tossers will be tossers no matter what though I guess.

I couldn't have said it better myself mate.

It's pathetic....it'd be fookin hilarious if it weren't so sad as a lot of you doing that shit are pushing 30 or well over that hill already and it's like Jesus wept do you have no life ? Because you must have a sad existence if forums are all that matter to you in your extensive spare time.

Fucking hell, are you still typing?

Get a life, you're only 24, go out and get a woman or something!

Now once again, Troll along.

BTW, you still haven't answered a few questions from my previous post.

I'm still waiting for any evidence of this, hurry up now, you're starting to look even more rediculous.

Wrong again.

Some facts for you, seeing as you seem to have trouble finding them.

You started the personal insults.

Your fanboyism and blood alcohol content took over and you took offence when I said that anyone with a number one album didn't necesssailry mean that the content was any good.

You then went on the offensive accusing me of 'backtracking', contradicting myself' and trying to 'save face,' then went on to say how 'thick I was'.
What on earth was/is all that about? I don't remember ever proclaiming I was some sort of mastermind in the first place.

There you go again, an 'intelligence war', what on earth is one of those?
Isn't that what the CIA and KGB get up to?

I absolutely love the fact that you are trying to turn this upside down and accuse me of being the Troll, that's classic. You obviously think yourself to be educated or atleast more educated than me, if you are then what happened to you, as so far, since joining DW you are coming across as a ill-informed, agressive, trouble making teenager with paranoid delusions.

Here we go again, you realise you're comments are null and void and have nowhere to turn, so you play the 'old pals act' card., very original.

Yes it's true, I am a member of the Digital-Worldz mafia, so don't mess with me or I'll have your knee caps removed. :)

Yet you keep coming back for more.

You are not associated with me in any way. I simply would not associate myself with you or anyone like you.

You're wrong.

Infact, to be honest, I've kinda lost as to what exactly you are ranting about now, you're coming across as a complete trambling fool, to say you were grasping at straws would be an insult to straw.

Yes, that made it much much worse.

I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to say, but whatever it was it was very much worse since you said it. You are the Prince of Worseness.

It's not about being a 'somebody' and it's not about post count.
It's about getting along with people, not taking offence because I someone states a different point of view.

I couldn't have said it better myself mate.

Fucking hell, are you still typing?

Get a life, you're only 24, go out and get a woman or something!

Now once again, Troll along.

BTW, you still haven't answered a few questions from my previous post.

PMSL!! Oh the hypocrisy.....Witchy mate that's a belter even for you lol, you wanna look in the mirror pal - mr i've been here 5 years and amassed nearly 15000 posts. Such a hypocrite calling me the troll when you're just as bad if not worse, now do you think you can get back on topic in your *own* thread instead of badgering me so you can get the last word in ? Cheers. Been a right laugh.

Come again won't you.....

As for the topic at hand, is it not obvious that Prodigy are not metal ? They like a lot of other bands are an amalgamation of different genres including rock at a bare bones basic level - but they are not a metal band. Linkin Park is another one, not a metal band at all but they are a mixture of rock and rap.

Also for the record, Kerrang the TV station at least has been "commercialized" for quite a few years now. I remember when I was 17 and I used to watch it when they had Stain'd, Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit etc on there - they had some shite like Slipknot on as well, I've always thought they were horrible, but for the past couple of years as someone else said it's all Fall Out Boy and My Chem Romance etc. Commercialized emo rock. Nothing wrong with this either in my opinion so long as it's good music.

Last edited:
My better memories are dancing to Charly and Your Love in the late 80's early very early 90's. FOTL is a great album no doubt, but for me it doesn't touch their contribution to the rave scene which was a few years earlier. Charly was massive down south witchy, it almost defines an era.

After listening to that track that V posted, I'm surprised you guys listened to any of Prodigy's music, its very tame compared to that satanic metal stuff.

I was in the cathouse one night and was full of it Munkey and when i try to dance i look like a helicopter in distress so i usually dont bother.
Then breathe came on and a went fu**** nuts and a looked more like Boris Jhonson doing a football tackle as a slammed from corner to corner.

Every metal head a know has a copy of FOTL and every one that doesn't bloody well should have one..

now do you think you can get back on topic in your *own* thread instead of badgering me so you can get the last word in ? Cheers. Been a right laugh.
Come again won't you.....

what's wrong?

Ran out of shit to talk?

Haven't got an answer to my questions?

Try harder next time wee man.

LMFAO

Witch & Raven will you both STFU!!!

None of this is appropriate to the thread and is getting personal. I don't want to sit reading through some pages and pages of garbage that sounds like a bloody soap.

Take it to PM's, or how about you both be the bigger man and just ignore each other instead of trying to get the last word in!

""they had some shite like Slipknot on as well, I've always thought they were horrible""

You are entitled to your opinion mate and am not a nu metal fan but i think Slipknot take a lot of stick because of their fanbase and a lot of people dislike them because of that.

The first album was class and eyeless is a song that any metal band would be proud of.
Kerrang tv was always shit and reflected the way the magazine went with the build a band up and overhype them and then tear them back down again.
Ffs they labeled the lost prophets the next kings of metal.....

Gotta say I do quite enjoy reading through a thread of arguing when bored at work, but the argument in the this thread has been pish. No wonder you guys got banned :p

Anyways....

Who give's a **** about kerrang it's pish, they never had an awards ceremony like smash hits :D

gotta agree with earwig and hoppy

i consider myself a metal head,but i also like the prodigy-i cant stand dance and rave but the prodigy ill happily listen to

most of my friend being metalers too also like the prodigy and i think that the fact the prodigy tend to appeal to quite a few metal fans sorta warrents them included-they may not be "true" metal but they are still liked by a lot of metal fans

i also think slipknot are a good band,its the "teeny i wanna shock my parents and look cool" fans that spoil it,i cringe when i see chavs,emo goth whatever saying they like sk-it means im lumped in with them when people think of sk fans

i much prefer stone sour to slipknot tho,

on a similar point it makes me lol when browsing hmv,amazon and such when i see icp(insane clown posse) listed as metal-im a big fan of icp but they have never been metal or even rock i think the retailers just dont know where to catagorise a lot of stuff

TBF, He might've had you there. You did offer to fix my console and then totally blank me when I took up your offer. That could count. :)

Anyway, I'm with Munkey, Prodigy rave tunes define an era for me, a great era.

Prodigy aint metal... IMO
dance music , i like rock and metal and prodigy aint in those brackets .
not dissin prodigy , they good at wot they do , dance music .

As for this argument , its very clear that Raven started with the
absolute pointless and ridiculous attack on W .

Last edited:
wow that took some reading.........streaming tv also springs to mind

ps....seen the prodigy 3 times, all super, dont think of them as metal

The original post though was - "Can someone explain to me why the Prodigy are being given air-time on most Rock/Metal music channels as well as having double page spreads on magazines such as Kerrang and Metal Hammer!?"

No, I don't class them as metal either, but nor do I class Foo Fighters, Him, Lost Prophets or Green Day and they get more air play than The Prodigy on the so called 'metal' channels. Even seen Michael Jackson on Kerrapp

It seems now that anyone who is in a band that plays a guitar with distortion is classed as metal.

The problem is the bands I grew up with when metal actually was metal such as Iron Maiden, Slayer, Sepultura, Pantera, Megadeth and Metallica. Nowadays the genre has opened up so wide virtually anyone can be classed as metal in one form or another.

TBF, He might've had you there. You did offer to fix my console and then totally blank me when I took up your offer. That could count. :)

Anyway, I'm with Munkey, Prodigy rave tunes define an era for me, a great era.

to be fair stu has gave me loads of help with my xboxs and always been happy for me to pop over any time i needed help he is a good guy..

PS is the reason he is banned for the content of the above posts? seems a tad lame. I hope this forum doesnt get ruined by MODs who take things a bit too serious i remember being on NTSC-UK and it being ruined by the mods hope this forum doesnt go down the same route not that im saying it will however looking at the amount of thanks and rep etc.. that witchy has it seems a bit mental to ban him? surely thats the type who makes the forum stronger? just my 2p worth

PS the prodigy have had their day really left beind some great albums tho but never a metal band in anyway shape or form

Last edited:
to be fair stu has gave me loads of help with my xboxs and always been happy for me to pop over any time i needed help he is a good guy..

PS is the reason he is banned for the content of the above posts? seems a tad lame. I hope this forum doesnt get ruined by MODs who take things a bit too serious i remember being on NTSC-UK and it being ruined by the mods hope this forum doesnt go down the same route not that im saying it will however looking at the amount of thanks and rep etc.. that witchy has it seems a bit mental to ban him? surely thats the type who makes the forum stronger? just my 2p worth

Nah m8 they broke the rules and the mods got it right.
Witchy knows he can be his own worse enemy at times and has been banned a good few times for gobbing off. He will be the first to tell you the mods were right to ban him when he is back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back