The Prodigy - Metal my Arse!

Status
Not open for further replies.
the prodigy are awesome live.i saw them 1st in '92 at leeds uni at an early rave, again in 94 for the start of the 'jilted' tour, then twice in '95 inc glasto. fat of the land was not bad but nothing on experience/jilted. invaders is good because of a return (in parts) to their old sounds. they cross over many genres - who cares what channels they are on. i bet you get 'busted' on those emo-type kerrang channels - and they're about as rock as the latest x-factor winner. get over it.

anyways, there's no bands around at the moment with ANY credibility, except maybe the foos. all style over substance. last decent metal concert i saw was donnington '95.

stop being pansy's, it's all about live music, and no-one is better live than the prodigy.

You do that lol. Dude grow up, to tell you the truth I don't even like Prodigy all that much so don't be so quick to play the fanboy bullshit. The fact of the matter is you're talking shit and you got caught out. Or to be more specific you tried to own me and instead of that you owned yourself, because you're obviously not that intelligent....tell me I'm wrong.....and instead of manning up and admitting you got it well wrong and that you made a mistake which would have been fine you tried to cover it up and in the process you failed big time. That's your fault not mine. Maybe you'll be more careful so as to not contradict yourself next time, but then again look who I'm asking. ;)

Point made, not going around in circles with you any more than I already have. This forum might encompass your life but I've got better things to do.

Interpretation is not one of your strong points is it, as you've most certainly read something into my posts which is not there.

I'll give you the benefit of doubt and assume that your replies in this thread were alcohol induced, if not, and if this is the way you interpret things in life in general then you really can't have many friends!

As for your 'Grow up' comment, "you tried to own me and instead of that you owned yourself", PMSL, when and where did this happen? You paranoid fool.

You've almost certainly been reading a different post.

One thing is blatantly obvious, you are Digital-Worldz number One Fanboy, and God forbid anyone disagree with you.

Troll along.

Last edited:
""Or to be more specific you tried to own me and instead of that you owned yourself, because you're obviously not that intelligent....""

He obviously thinks highly of himself. Maybe if he learned to use a few paragraphs etc his comments would hold more weight. :)

I like the Prodigy and fat of the land was a classic imo.
It was one of those rare albums that grabs you on first listen and it doesn't have a bad number on it.

Absolutely.

Strange thing was, at the time it was realeased I was living above a 50 year old Raver who would blast Techno/Rave all day and night and it really got on my nerves. This gave me a hatred for all things Rave, yet the 1st time I listened to FOTL in my mates house I was instantly hooked and ran off to HMV and grabbed the album for myself. :)

the prodigy are awesome live.i saw them 1st in '92 at leeds uni at an early rave, again in 94 for the start of the 'jilted' tour, then twice in '95 inc glasto. fat of the land was not bad but nothing on experience/jilted. invaders is good because of a return (in parts) to their old sounds. they cross over many genres - who cares what channels they are on. i bet you get 'busted' on those emo-type kerrang channels - and they're about as rock as the latest x-factor winner. get over it.

anyways, there's no bands around at the moment with ANY credibility, except maybe the foos. all style over substance. last decent metal concert i saw was donnington '95.

So true mate.

Remember I never said the Prodigy were a bad band. I just asked (ranted - lol) why Kerrang etc were making such a big thing of them as they hardly fall into the Metal category. :)

If I'm honest I don't like any of their stuff before FOTL, simply because it's not the sort of stuff I enjoy listening to and it reminds me too much of an ex-neighbour.

;)

the prodigy are awesome live.i saw them 1st in '92 at leeds uni at an early rave, again in 94 for the start of the 'jilted' tour, then twice in '95 inc glasto.

Did you catch Portishead in the Acoustic tent at Glasto?

their autobiog was called 'electronic punks' and they have used more rifs and guitars in their music - even a track on 'jilted' was a colab with a metal band at the time. i think it's more to do with the 'yoof' of today liking these cross over bands AND the resurgance of people liking the old rave stuff tunes with a new twist - think 'the klaxons' and florence and the machine more recently.

i can't stand modern metal bands, all trying to be controversial, acting moody. they just lack credability in my eyes. instead of defining a genre they seem to be conforming to a genre. i see it as things come in cycles, punk in the late 70's, rave in the 80's - music has been some samey now for ages, all these carbon copy bands - 'The this', 'The that', it's so predictable. it's time something new broke thru, something from the underground and kicked all these kids in their skinny jeans into touch!!

phew! bit early for a rant... i need tea.

Did you catch Portishead in the Acoustic tent at Glasto?

please. don't remind me. they did an essential mix that year too , about my favourite ever. i missed them. However, 'Dodgy' in the sun were top notch! best ever.

Things have gotten so bad, I've recently been listening to Amy Winehouse!

lol

please. don't remind me. they did an essential mix that year too , about my favourite ever. i missed them. However, 'Dodgy' in the sun were top notch! best ever.

That's right, and that was my introduction to Portishead. I was completely blown away, it weren't a bad festival IIRC.

Prodigy were at the height of their powers in the 80's, two decades on they struggle to get my attention.

Prodigy were at the height of their powers in the 80's, two decades on they struggle to get my attention.

So you are more into the 'Charly' and 'Out of Space' days? Not my cup of tea, give me 'Smack my Bitch up', 'Diesel Power' or 'Breathe' any day. :)

The Prodigy are probably neighbours of yours :)

So you are more into the 'Charly' and 'Out of Space' days? Not my cup of tea, give me 'Smack my Bitch up', 'Diesel Power' or 'Breathe' any day. :)

The Prodigy are probably neighbours of yours :)

My better memories are dancing to Charly and Your Love in the late 80's early very early 90's. FOTL is a great album no doubt, but for me it doesn't touch their contribution to the rave scene which was a few years earlier. Charly was massive down south witchy, it almost defines an era.

After listening to that track that V posted, I'm surprised you guys listened to any of Prodigy's music, its very tame compared to that satanic metal stuff.

i remember 'everybody in the place' ..... shivers down my spine

One thing is blatantly obvious, you are Digital-Worldz number One Fanboy, and God forbid anyone disagree with you.

Troll along.

Witchy I think you'll find it's god forbid anyone state an opinion. Like I did the other night when you chimed in for no reason. Laying the swears and insults rather thick aren't you Witchy, hah rather defensive.....but since you started going down the low road because you can't back up your argument as you are a complete simpleton, I got to say I've known you from other forums and you're nothing but a two faced double talkin tosser who thinks he's some sort of god when in actual fact he's just a sad nobody who lives his life on internet forums. Prick. Get a real life. I'm done here.

Last edited:
Witchy I think you'll find it's god forbid anyone state an opinion. Like I did the other night when you chimed in for no reason. Laying the swears and insults rather thick aren't you Witchy, hah rather defensive.....but since you started going down the low road because you can't back up your argument as you are a complete simpleton, I got to say I've known you from other forums and you're nothing but a two faced double talkin tosser who thinks he's some sort of god when in actual fact he's just a sad nobody who lives his life on internet forums. Prick. Get a real life. I'm done here.

Sigh, it was YOU that went on the offensive and incidentally it was MY thread about MY rant.

How exactly can I 'chime in for no reason' on a thread that *I* created, it was created to form a debate, except you poisoned it with your boozed up aggressive behavior.

You started with the insults, just like you did in the other thread a few weeks ago.

You are a fool who has some growing up to do.

Did it take you 2 days to come up with an 'educated intelligent reply' or were you just sobering up?

Now, do me a favour and go take two fucks to yourself.

Come back when you've learned some manners.

I got to say I've known you from other forums and you're nothing but a two faced double talkin tosser who thinks he's some sort of god when in actual fact he's just a sad nobody who lives his life on internet forums.

LMAO, missed this bit. :)

So you think I'm a God, that's nice.
And you're here to try and knock me down a peg or two?

'Two faced double talking tosser', please please tell me what on earth you are talking about.

Why not tell me who you are, are you a coward aswell as a trouble making nobody/keyboard Warrior/spotty bastard?

;)

mmmm this threads gettin good now...... reminds me of a couple of prodigy tunes......... smack my bitch up.....or ......babys got a temper#
:Jester::Jester::salute:

I think what you mean is, this thread is ruined.

the prodigy started off as a punk rock band

theyve always been an electronic band since their first ep" where evil lurks"
back in 1990, they used to get refered to as techno punks..

anyway who cares about music categories if you like it who gives a toss what anyone else thinks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back