tevii s480 dvb s2 pci card help please

loady

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

Forgive me if this is the wrong section, im holding my breath on getting any kind of support for this but here goes.

I have always had dreamboxes and dbox prior to that and all before the advent of N3...i converted my dm800 to a sat box and have been using it without issue. I recently built a HTPC system and decided i wanted to intergrate the sat feed into it so i bought a tevii s480 dvb S2 HD sat card, i installed drivers and setup and i have a few channels, bbc3,4 are missing and a lot of others, bbc HD doesnt show a picture but my main niggle is the frame stutter i am experiencing, the HTPC i have built is well equip to handle live feeds, its a Intel G840 @2.80 Ghz, 4gb RAM and a HD6570 1GB GPU..this system using XBMC plays EVERYTHING i throw at it so i am at a loss as to where the problem lies..am i expecting to much from a sat card ? do they not perform as well as a dedicated box like a dm800 ?...can anyone assist me in setting this up properly..i download dvbviewer pro and am using it via that.

It sounds like it's your sat signal, and it's possible that the turner is not so great.

Back