Test Patch 2 - TM 5402 HD - 07-06-2012

The best option, in my opinion, would be to release the source into the wild and see what happens.

The best option, in my opinion, would be to release the source into the wild and see what happens.

Nice idea but any manufacture could then "clone" the receivers making cheap Chinese copies. Good for the customers but not so good for TM.

Nice idea but any manufacture could then "clone" the receivers making cheap Chinese copies. Good for the customers but not so good for TM.

Kind of agree. But Look at Lenovo for example, or Dell for that matter. Both hugely successful businesses, whose PC hardware runs an OS thats not under ther control. I'd buy a softwareless receiver from TM as I know the hardware is well designed with decent materials and run community developed software on it.

What size dish do you need to see 19.2e from Korea again?

I don't care to know where are the patchmakers. as they can simply sell their decoders in Korea if they are not able to develop and test their softwares in europe.

I don't care to know where are the patchmakers. as they can simply sell their decoders in Korea if they are not able to develop and test their softwares in europe.

I may be totally wrong of course, but my inkling is that Europe MUST be a far more lucrative marketplace than Korea surely, so they really SHOULD be looking after us here?:salute:

This talk about clones is futile. This is slightly off topic, anyway....

As with other equipment, you have a factory that makes most of the items and they are slightly different in the end with packaging and minor things. people slate TM for selling rebadged ITGates. This is technically incorrect. ITgate and TM have their receivers made by DAGS. For example Dell and Benq monitors come off the same factory.

It is my opinion, that the software people are linked to DAGS and that TM have issues getting things resolved. The ball is not in TM's court. Their biggest handicap is understanding what the end user wants and then explaining that to the coders. The coders are unable to test what they have done. The best thing for them to do is to remotely work with a receiver if this is possible or even come to site.

NanoXX OMEGA HD+ - YouTube
bye Coolsat - YouTube
Primestar dish tracking the arc - YouTube

Very familiar?

Maybe all of Dags' customers should get together and demand things get sorted before their customers start deserting them in droves?

Yes but the whole point is that they DO sell in Europe and make FALSE claims about their software support. If you say something does something and it does not then that is a false claim and more importantly someone looking for a new receiver might well be swayed in their choice by such a FALSE claim and then you get a disappointed customer.
As I said, if a patch cannot be tested because that satellite cannot be received in the location that the patch writer is located then give the tools to someone that can make AND test a patch before releasing to members.

Yes but the whole point is that they DO sell in Europe and make FALSE claims about their software support. If you say something does something and it does not then that is a false claim and more importantly someone looking for a new receiver might well be swayed in their choice by such a FALSE claim and then you get a disappointed customer.
As I said, if a patch cannot be tested because that satellite cannot be received in the location that the patch writer is located then give the tools to someone that can make AND test a patch before releasing to members.

I agree with all you say Jimi - I honestly cannot see why all this has only blown up this past 18 months or so after many previous years WITHOUT problems?
I hate to admit it but maybe it does seem to have coincided with previous TM suppliers having had mega disagreements over sales, terms, etc etc - e,g. we didnt seem to have so much trouble when Phantom's predecessor was issuing the patches, so maybe he had realised how things may end up with Technomate's policies, actions etc?
All getting a little political, sorry, was not intended as all I - and presumably the rest of us - want is to see is TM's back where they belong in the whole scale of things!:Hit:

Hi again all,

I don't know if this means anything... but the 07-06-2012 TEST Patch 2 has now been removed from the TM 5402 HD section of the Download Centre...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Last edited:
Back