Test Patch 2 - TM 5402 HD - 07-06-2012

Zorch

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi again all,

Phantompatch-TM5402HDCI_ALL_023p_07-06-2012.stb (6.6MB)

Phant0m said:
19 e @ freezing fixed
1-after download do factory reset
2-do fresh scan problems channels
3-off/on from rear i minuts

Download center

I followed all of PhantOm's instruction (above) before testing... but unfortunately all of the channels on 19.2°E are still freezing after 5-10 seconds... the only exceptions being the c.nl channels... they are all working perfectly!!

The scenario is exactly the same as with the first TEST patch last night... after 5-10 seconds all channels freeze and then the 'Scrambled Channel' message appears on-screen over the frozen channels... the channels do not resume (as they did before) after a couple of seconds... again they just stay frozen with the 'Scrambled Channel' message over them...

NB: I only tested channels on 19.2°E ...I did not test any channels on other satellites...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Having to rescan your channels is a joke, yes ok if you have just one satellite but with a motorized system and multiple satellites installed then it's far from a joke scanning and rearranging your lists especially when the patch does not work!!
Come on Phant0m get it right.

Hi jimihendrix,

The current patch writer may not be who we have come to know as PhantOm

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Some wild speculation-

http://www.hub-tech.com/product.files/hts_7000.html

I believe that this is the manufacturer, and the patches we see are produced in Korea by the same company for TM, Blade, Clarke etc.
They can't test 19.2 from Korea for obvious reasons, and the shocking English / no changelogs is a bit of a giveaway too.

Some of you lot have been around a lot longer than me and might have a bit more knowledge of this, but I think Phant0m is just a made up entity by TM or their agent as a means to release patches into the wild. Certainly the Download Center guy(s) is NOT the Phant0m that posts here on DW.

Wasn't Magic / Darkman producing patches for TM a couple of years back?
Or was he just the 'Phant0m' of that era - just releasing Korean patches as his own work ..?

Hi chopps et all,

Some manufacturer out there is making clone after clone after clone etc. etc.

Have a look at the Dr.HD F-15 and F-16 receivers... surely they are clones of the TM 5402 HD and the TM 6800/6900 HD ...they just have different fascias... also take a look at the remote control to the F-16 (link below) ...that is definitely the remote to the TM 6800/6900 HD ...they haven't even changed the layout or the button functions... well almost...

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Last edited:
There is no Phanthom, as stated just the korean patch writers.
Blade was out before 5402 I believe but only just.
Most receivers now are just OEM.
The Phanth0m on here is 2 different people, and a different one again on the download site.
Hub Tech is the manufacturer of the non linux stb's , though I believe maybe someone else is also manufacturing copies cheaper as well.
TM need to sort this support out as it's crippling their reputation now.
Soon no one will want linux/no linux stb from TM if support is too weak on the ground.
Having said that, the TM5402 is a very good stb, but others can do same if not more.
Spiderbox still has good support, excellent receiver and media player and has many extras.
It's all down to support at the end of the day.

Cheers Manic01 mate - yes I believe my TM6900HD Super - even though now 'technically' obsolete - is actually a fine receiver both technically and mechanically, so as you say Technomate (or WHOEVER they are!! lol!!!) really MUST get their act together asap, before we end up in total chaos - NOT a good thing!:Laugh:

Ok lets give Technomate a wake up call, lets have a thread asking members to vote if or if not their next receiver will be a TM receiver if they DONT do something about the slap dash support now provided.
I have a TM5302, TM 5402 and a Spiderbox 9000 combo, the 5402 and 9000 combo I rate as equal in manufacture quality but sorry to say the Spiderbox patches do work AND each patch comes with an explanation as to what it does.

I would not buy another TM receiver which is a shame as I do like them, if the software was to be brought up to standard then I would reconsider but for now no and I certainly wont be recommending them to my friends.

Technomate wake up and treat your customers with a little respect.

Well I just bought a new box about 3 weeks ago a xcruiser xdsr400hdplus, and so far great box no probs and all updates are over the net including plugins, it's a linux box my first one and can also run enigma2.

Having had two tm5402hd boxes I gave one to my son but keep the other for another room upstairs.For me it's ta ta to TM.

Hi again all,

Strange that there's still no sign of a TEST Patch 3... if there's actually going to be one... TEST Patch 2 was posted well within 24 hours of TEST Patch 1... and judging by the very clear instructions tagged to Test Patch 2 ...I believe that they thought they had definitely cracked it...

Are WE perhaps doing something wrong...?

I really can't see what it could be though...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

the thing i don't get is, surely they can test patches themself they must have plenty of tm's availble to them to test patches before they post them in the downloadcenter and know what's working or not.

the thing i don't get is, surely they can test patches themself they must have plenty of tm's availble to them to test patches before they post them in the downloadcenter and know what's working or not.

I agree mate, it certainly wasn't like this in the 'good old days' was it?
Its SO symptomatic surely of how truly unprofessional all this has become?:drink:

I agree with Manic and all of you guys. TM reputation is really at stake there. I am only using the TM for cam purpose only and do not try new patches as they are always a liability. So what is the point of releasing a patch which is clearly not sorting out all issues we have been facing for over a year.
TM get your act right now! because you are going to loose your customers and business for the futur.
Already thinking about DM800 if only I could afford it or the VU+ box tbh.
Just disappointed that TM team are letting us all down!

Ok lets give Technomate a wake up call, lets have a thread asking members to vote if or if not their next receiver will be a TM receiver if they DONT do something about the slap dash support now provided.
I have a TM5302, TM 5402 and a Spiderbox 9000 combo, the 5402 and 9000 combo I rate as equal in manufacture quality but sorry to say the Spiderbox patches do work AND each patch comes with an explanation as to what it does.

I would not buy another TM receiver which is a shame as I do like them, if the software was to be brought up to standard then I would reconsider but for now no and I certainly wont be recommending them to my friends.

Technomate wake up and treat your customers with a little respect.

I feel exactly the same as you m8, unless TM change for better support I would not buy any more of their receiver

What size dish do you need to see 19.2e from Korea again?

the sarcasm surrounding tm's is getting to high levels;)
i would of course mean Phantom and crew could do the tests themselves (not the patchwriters)

Well a question deserves an answer, so from Google Earth Korea is at 35.9 N latitude and 127.8 E longitude (figures rounded to nearest decimal place) now if Astra1 is 19.2 E then Korea is 108.6 degrees east of Astra1.
My Darkmotor can move +/- 80 degrees from the 0 point so Korea is 127.8 -80 degrees (47.8) too far round the curvature of the Earth so that puts an end to that.
Now if we ask the providers please please Mr. nice guys could you launch a satellite to 127 E and beam the output from Astra1 to that satellite so Mr.Phant0m and co could receive these channels in Korea and write a nice patch for us that would be really nice of you.
That would be one way, a second way would be to bore a hole through the Earth from Korea to a point where 19.2 is receivable and put a nice "mirror type thingy" at the end of the hole to reflect the signal through the Earth to Korea, not very likely!!

A possible third way to do it is GIVE THE TOOLS and some coaching to someone who CAN receive 19.2 and let them get on with the job.

I wonder which is the most cost effective solution to this problem.:proud:

Back