Tenda N60 Wireless-N600 Dual band Gigabit Router £34 and some pennies delivered.

No more issues, its been rock solid maintained connection for 55 days currently, never had any more random disconnects. Not sure if the firmware upgrade caused those disconnects or whether it was just co incedence and my isp was having issues that day. I downgraded the firmware and swapped the Ethernet cable between cable modem and the router and its been fine since then.
The only minor issue I have is that chrome web browser on m nexus 7 tablet doesn't work properly with the web management interface of the router. That's probably a chrome issue though works fine on Firefox. If DD WRT was available for this router it would be an even better buy.
good stuff think i might invest in 1 tonight, just 1 question, can i reboot it from the web ui as this is a must for me, well i say must, its more of a want, as where i situate the router is abit of a pain in the arse to get too.

received my router about an hour ago, so far so good, what firmware are you guys running on this then, which 1 seems to be most stable, my version is V 1.0.0.16_EN release date july 2nd 2012.

i see theres a new firmware released only this month, anyone tried it,

N60 2013-04-11 V2.0.3.0_EN

any noticeable changes apart from speed, has anything been added or removed from what you can see.

Thanks for posting, been meaning to get a new router.. Is the Wireless any good on it? Range wise..

As far as I can see no major changes, but I will have to go into the code to see what they have done and no time until tomorrow. But so far the only improvement is connection and speed.

Thanks for posting, been meaning to get a new router.. Is the Wireless any good on it? Range wise..

The range of this router is superb, we live in quite a big house with thick walls and that does not stop us getting connections everywhere in the house with a small drop off in the furthest point. About 150 m from the router.

Can recommend it thoroughly.

Word of Warning about upgrading to the New Firmware if you own a Nexus 4 smartphone. I purchased this router because the Nexus 4 had WiFi issues with 2 Cisco Linksys routers I had it wouild corrupt downloads over WifI and give an error "package file is invalid" regardless of firmware version Linksys stock or DD-WRT.
So I purchased the Tenda N60 and I never saw this problem again, until today after upgrading the new firmware v2.0.3.0 The "package file is invalid" issue returned straight away on the first download I tried on the Nexus 4, retried 3 times same problem.
So I downgraded back to v1.0.0.16 Firmware on the Tenda, and tried the download again, worked first time no issues. So it looks like the newer firmware causes issues with the Nexus 4 and WiFi downloads. This is not the routers fault it is a problem with the WiFi Chipset or drivers on the Nexus 4, i've had RMA units with the same issue, I have reported it to Google Play Tech Support. So just a heads up about upgrading the firmware if you own a Nexus 4.

does it reset all settings when you upgrade or downgrade the firmware, as iv got a nexus 4 also so couldn't be chewed setting it all up again if i update the firmware only to find i have the same problems. when are you having them errors come up mate, is it from downloads from play store!

No all settings are retained when you upgrade or downgrade firmware. Yes my issue with downloads on the nexus 4 over WiFi are from the play store.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

ok lads in the v server do you just put the server port no in the lan port or wan and lan

OK LADS can someone test for me pls ive pressed the reset button but I still cant log in with admin admin

Did you hold the reset button for 7 seconds or longer ?

ta its sort of sorted now its just firefox wont open it but its ok in internet explorer

Like on the nether does this have a disable button for WIFI?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Back