Guides and Info network help and addvice pls

tony49

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
ok lads for about 4 months now we've been in the new house and my daughter has had enough of the bad Wi-Fi and lack of internet points as im the computer person of the house ive been told to get things sorted

sorry if there is any spelling errors im dyslexic and will try my best and hope you understand what I want to do

ok ive got the new cable superhub 2 in my bedroom so im ok up hear but im in the extension of the house above the carport

now this is what I would like to do for the living room ive got my old
Tenda N60 Wireless-N600 Dual band Gigabit Router leaving my room as it is im going to run a lead out side the house as my daughter wants as little as possible wire showing indoors so can the tenda be used in the livinroom as like a wifi repeater and switchbox if yes what would I have to do to it to get it to work as I want it to
if not I will bye a switchbox and wifi repeater

next is the same in the atic bedroom she wants a good wifi and a wired connection ive order 4 of these

4 x Single Socket RJ45 Cat5E Face Plates & Back Boxes

as I want it mounted to the wall i will be getting a 4 way switchbox and wifi repeater or booster when im told what is the best way to do things by you good people on here cheers and all the best tony

pretty much what I have done. Run a ethernet cable from your superhub 2 is to where you want the new access point. Plug the cable into any of the 4 ethernet ports in the Tenda router. Switch off DHCP on the router, setup wifi SSID and password and you are good to go. That will give you 3 extra ethernet points and a new wifi hotspot.

Do the same for the attic, you can get routers off fleabay for next to nothing or ask on your local freecycle group.

ok ive done the downstairs one today but how do I get in to the tenda to turn dhcp off

Back