telewest teleport query

nickgen

Inactive User
Reaction score
i have a pace 1000 on cr1 and a pace 4000 on cr2 when telewest go live with vod in my area will i have to upgrade the software for them to work normally i know i will lose ppv but ive just read in another thread that they will need new software, is anybody already in a telewest vod area running a pace box on older software ie cr1,cr2 ? tia.

As far as I am aware the boxes will die when the teleport upgrade comes, if they are NTL boxes they will need to be flashed with telewest software. If they are telewest boxes they will need the anti-update mods undoing in order to take the new software. Hope this helps.

edcase

cheers m8 i thought as much just checking to make sure

edcase said:
As far as I am aware the boxes will die when the teleport upgrade comes, if they are NTL boxes they will need to be flashed with telewest software. If they are telewest boxes they will need the anti-update mods undoing in order to take the new software. Hope this helps.

edcase

I think this information might be incorrect :eek: as i have a number of boxes that have taken the teleport hit and they are working fine!! : party :

can you tell me are any of your boxes using cr1 or cr2 software or are they all on cr3 ?

nickgen said:
can you tell me are any of your boxes using cr1 or cr2 software or are they all on cr3 ?

Your box wont upgrade to cr4 software if its not running cr3 software now, so any no updates mods that have been done, reverse them, update your software to cr3.2, and your boxes should upgrade to cr4 aka VOD. teleport, whatever.

They wont update, so I believe if they are running on cr1 or 2 software, the cc's are in affect making that software obsolete by introducing cr4 software, that will only upgrade from cr3.

Smirnoff

Thats exactly what I thought smirnoff, however there is a point that I am unclear on, and that is:

exCW boxes running on CR3.2 ...
Could locking boxes to CR3.2 in exCW allow them to work in TW after the CR4 upgrade???

Its only a thought but it might be worth someone having a bash at it. I dont think it will be possible on a ditv1000 as I believe that CR3.2 requires the atties on the simm ... so unless theres another no-update mod then thats out of the question.

Please bear in mind that this is, at this stage, pure speculation!!

edcase

Samsung running exC&W CR3.2 does not work in Telewest after the CR4 (Teleport) rollout...

Cheers bammy, there's that one out the window LOL

edcase

bammy said:
Samsung running exC&W CR3.2 does not work in Telewest after the CR4 (Teleport) rollout...

From what I know and can gather, the samsungs can work but they need to have and NTL cr4 software platform first on them, before you can upgrade to cr4 telepest/teleport = cr4.

Hopes this helps, and yes I'm asking questions, and I'll find the answers probably by next week.

Smirnoff

Has Anyone Sorted How To Get A Ntl 4000 Working In A Telewest Vod Area Yet?

Back