Telewest router recommendations

Steve

Inactive User
Reaction score
Does anyone have any good recommendations for wired router for telewest cable (or doesn't it really matter)

Dont think it really matters m8, best to go with a good make tho, belkin, linksys, etc...ive got a linksys wired + wireless setup going on telewest.

I use a wireless Linksys 54g setup, I find it very good

im useing netgear wireless works great and very easy to set up

I got myself the WAG54G Linksys Wireless Router/Gateway and it's crap. The wireless protocl connects at 1mb only (as opposed to 11mb) to my 802.11b network!

Been reading about this Router and its not just be but a general Linksys problem with this model so stay away.

Also ... another tip, if you were to get any router, use google or another popular search engine to search for the router e.g. search for "WAG54G Problems". That shall highlight the issues people may be facing with your particular brand of router.

:Cheers:

I have to agree with Bronto i also have a Linksys 54G wireless router very easy to set up & Linksys is a division of Cisco which cant be bad

Hiya, If you do decide to take a stab at the Linksys Router, make sure you visit the following forum..

h$$p://www.linksysinfo.com/index.php

It shall help you get the basics you need to setup and also known faults/issues are addressed in there.

:Cheers:

thanks for the info ppl .. wasn't for me but my B-in-L .. he has telewest .. also turns out that he wants it also to use with x-box and so he got sorted ... i hope ... haven't heard from him so perhaps got probs ... or he got it sorted

thanks again for all your suggestions

Back