technomate tm-twin oe where is cccam extension

nipperlocko

Inactive User
Reaction score
sorry but I`m a noob, I`ve bought the above named box with pre installed openvix, got through all the set up ok and do see freeview pictures, I have enabled cccam as an extension but thats it I cannot find it to input my cline any help would be much appreciated

use a FTP client to ftp to etc/ cccam.cfg is in there :)

and hope for the best.

sorry couldn't help myself :)

Last edited:
yeah i have read all that, but I paid to have all this pre installed for me but only came with openvix, the rest is a complete minefield for me and its about to be put back in the box and sold, I can`t even follow the you tube tutorials cos they go a 100 mph and think we`re all experts, it all kind of spoils it for me, but I do understand the legal implications of it all etc, thanks for your replies though.

so cccam is installed ? you have to hand what needs to bu input into it ?

I can`t find cccam so I presume its not been put on for me, I found vix through the menu in there I find back-up, man cron man, image man,install local ext (empty), mount man, power man, script runner and swap man.

get yourself filezilla ftp programme to ftp your config file and you might want to consider getting TSpanel 6.4.ipk for your box also as this has a great deal of addons ect that you can download straight of the net. if your still stuck P.M. me your e-mail addy and c-line and ill put it in a cfg file for you and send it back then you just need to ftp it into /ect on your twin and re-start c**am and your away. regards mdt

right I`ll have a go with back-up image, I`ve d/l it opened it and put it onto a blank stick, files open on there own include a kernel a root and splash, do I presume I put this into the box after turning it off and then restart it so as to upload it

I already have filzilla and the dreambox 1, I`ll have a go at this 2morrow and will get back to you if I have any problems thanks

tbh mate I cant help with flashing etc as I dont own one

but as long as files are on root of stick I think thats fine :)

I do remember reading about bootloaders but this must be included as there is nothing about it in the writeup :)

Did you power off from rear then inset USB then on from rear ?

Before you try to reflash........

A. Are you sure CCcam is not installed? It won't be in the menus. Press the blue button, Softcam Manager. You will see a list of emulators installed. Is CCcam listed? If so at the bottom do you have Stop or disable startup.

What image are you on? Menu/Information/About
B. If you want to flash, what is the layout of the files?

Last edited:
Ahh, I powered off from the rear then put the usb stick in the front will that make a difference

If you are trying to reflash, that will not matter. What is the file structure of the image you are trying to install? It won't install unless the "update" folder is on the root of the usb drive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there, in the softcam part it had 2 mentioned and 1 was cccam, I enabled it and it said something about extensions, however I cannot remember what it said down below, at the moment I'm not on it and have plugged my usual box back in and will now retry the whole minefield tomorrow, thanks all for your help so far and fingers crossed

That means it is installed. If the options at the bottom show

Stop = it is already running
Start = It is not running.

Enable startup = It is not set to start automatically
Disable Startup = It is set to start automtically

Thanks for the reply I'll certainly have a look at that,hopefully I'll grow some hair back tonight lol

If you enabled cccam and did not have a CCcam.cfg file in etc then it would give you a message to that effect so maybe thats what your where seeing. Put your c1ine into a file and name it CCcam.cfg and ftp it to the etc folder then enable cccam in the options and you should be good to go

Back